Posted by mikeboozer

We will be posting it on our site soon.

It is already posted here:

http://www.livegameauctions.com/

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jerrytel

And I do apologize for speaking out of turn. The website does state that one potential benefit will be to possibly have a better chance of getting a schedule out sooner.

Jerry

Posted by braewe

I second the 'put it in the email blast' because I have not seen it there, or did I just miss it? Because that /is/ a major change!

Posted by jerrytel braewe

braewe wrote:
I second the 'put it in the email blast' because I have not seen it there, or did I just miss it? Because that /is/ a major change!

You have not missed anything. Announcements will be made and emails to registered users will be sent. All sellers who have registered in the past onsite still needed an email address to access the system.

Posted by zaphod mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
We will be posting it on our site soon.
It is already posted here:
http://www.livegameauctions.com/
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Volunteer Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thank you- it really needs to be announced as widely as possible, so folks don't transport games from all around the country only to find out they can't sell them!

Posted by cmfountaine klaron

klaron wrote:
With no on-site registration, that is a pretty major change.  I understand the majority of people register online, but I sure hope Gen Con brings this topic up in their email blast-o-grams. 
There will indeed be a notice about this change in the email blasts coming soon.  We will get the word out on Facebook too.  

We have been telling folks for a long time that this is coming, and have even had signs up by the data entry computers the last few years letting them know that pretty soon we will have to stop taking onsite data entry.

As someone already said, most of our sellers already pre-reg, but we are taking every available step to get the word out to those few who don't.

Posted by cmfountaine jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:
And I do apologize for speaking out of turn. The website does state that one potential benefit will be to possibly have a better chance of getting a schedule out sooner.
Jerry

Sooner, yes, but Jerry was correct that we will not be able to post a final schedule prior to the show.  It will let us work on things in advance so we have a draft going in, but everything still relies on what folks actually bring in and when.  We will try to use that momentum to have schedules posted onsite sooner than in the past, but nothing concrete will be available beforehand.

Posted by ubermx

I love the auction.  Its fun to hear all the stories from the auctioneers plus the variety of things for sale is interesting.
Does anyone know if there is a protocol for requesting items be sold?  If we see something in the for sale area, can we request the sale?
thanks

Posted by genconauction

If the item is on stage on the front tables already you can ask for it to be bumped up sooner. Handy for when you can't stay for a whole section. 

If it's an item for a different section you can instead place a proxy bid.  Those usually come into play on the rarer or more valuable items. 

Posted by brewski

What is normally auctioned on Saturday?
Wanting to try and orginize games around particular aution segments.
I know you cant predict a day by day until you know what you have. Would just like a rough idea from auctions past.

Posted by cmfountaine brewski

brewski wrote:
What is normally auctioned on Saturday?

Like you said, it's not final, but honestly a little bit of everything.
Saturday will probably see family games, RPG's, some more board games...some other stuff including toys, oddities and art.
At 7 pm we start the special charity auction which will be a mix of all kinds of things, mostly donated from the various vendors throughout the show.

Posted by cptmusket

The following is no indication of what will be there this year, but for reference, this is what the action had last year.  I still had a picture from the auction schedule last year in my phone!

Thursday

1000 Party, Family, & Euro Games
1200 Role Playing Games
200 Wargames, historical, & Board Games
400 Euro games
500 CCFs
700 TSR RPGS
900 Vintage & Old Stuff

Friday

900 Party, Family, & Euro Games
1100 Wargames, Historical, & Board Games
100 Role Playing Games
300 Miniatures
700 Rail road games
7:30 Collector's Session 2

Saturday

900 Party, Family, & Euro Games
1030 Wargames, historical, & board games
1200 Role Playing Games
130 Collectable figures, card & dice games
300 Blitz - Anything Goes
400 Toys, Oddities, videos, and Art
700 Charity

Just to stress, this is just a copy of the schedule from last year I had on my phone and I am not involved in putting on the auction, just enjoying it and spending too much $ during it!

Posted by qwaserity

Will auction items that don't sell still be moved over to the consignment hall? The consignment hall is my default "ain't got nothing to for 30 minutes" location that I visit several times over the weekend.

Posted by genconauction qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
Will auction items that don't sell still be moved over to the consignment hall.? 

Yes, Sellers still have the option of allowing any items valued under $50 to have a second chance in the store. 

Posted by genconauction

Just a reminder that pre-registration for the auction ends July 31st!
There won't be any onsite data entry, so if there is anything you think you might sell in the auction don't miss the deadline!

Posted by thenorthman

Interesting I don't recall seeing those signs......guess that could be because I pre-registered everything.   But was checking those same computers through the auction.

I did notice the pre-registration price jumped up to the on site registration price....that was a big jump.....

If anything this might make dropping stuff off easier.....maybe.....less time consuming.

Posted by genconauction

Price went from $1.50 for pre-reg and $3 for onsite data entry to a flat $2. So up 50 cents for pre-reg but we are preventing anyone from paying what was supposed to be a discouragingly high $3.  Store was the same 50 cent shift. 

So now it's just $1 for store, $2 for live, nice round numbers, easy to remember, easy to manage money for. 

We will see how it goes and maybe adjust for next year. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.