Auction?
Posted by nscott

There doesn't seem to be any mention of the auction on the website this year. We are hopefully about a week away from being able to create our wishlists so I was just wondering if I should schedule in auction time or not?

Posted by brotherbock

I would crap a golden banana if there wasn't an auction. That's a literal promise.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes, there will be an auction.  :)

Posted by divachelle brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
I would crap a golden banana if there wasn't an auction. That's a literal promise.
Whew. I'm glad there's an auction planned for your sake. 

Posted by nscott marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Yes, there will be an auction.  :)
Thanks, was getting worried because last year it had a tab under experience on the website.

Posted by docatomic

When is the auction usually scheduled? (Pardon the newbie question. This is only my second Gen Con and I missed the auction last year...)

Posted by burrfoot72 docatomic

docatomic wrote:
When is the auction usually scheduled? (Pardon the newbie question. This is only my second Gen Con and I missed the auction last year...)
The auction pretty much goes on the entire Con.  I think it starts at 9 or 10 in the morning and ends around 11 or midnight each day of Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Posted by mrshiny

Pre-reg is open for auction sellers:
http://www.livegameauctions.com/

Posted by rogersba

High-value collectibles are on Friday night. TOVA (basically the WTF? part of the auction) is late Saturday afternoon, followed by the charity auction in the evening.

Everything else is set by the volume they receive of each category (TCG, RPG, Board Games, Minis, usually an Avalon Hill hour, etc.).

Posted by genconauction

The auction will have a tab on the Gencon site.  We are still working on updates for this year but it should be up soon.
Feel free to message me with questions or email [email protected]

Posted by jerrytel

The auction site is back up and running.

Jerry

Posted by jerrytel

Also...this statement is on the registration site.

IMPORTANT: No On-site registration will be available this year.  Make sure to pre-register everything!

If you know somebody that has sold or is planning on selling this year, let them know.

Posted by cptmusket

This year I won't be arriving until Friday morning.

If I preregister an item for the store, can I drop it off Friday morning or would I have to drop it off on Wednesday?

Posted by klaron

With no on-site registration, that is a pretty major change.  I understand the majority of people register online, but I sure hope Gen Con brings this topic up in their email blast-o-grams. 

Posted by jerrytel cptmusket

cptmusket wrote:
This year I won't be arriving until Friday morning.
If I preregister an item for the store, can I drop it off Friday morning or would I have to drop it off on Wednesday?

You can drop off pre-registered items at intake through Saturday morning.

Posted by klaron

Thinking about this a bit further, if all items must be pre-registered, I hope the auction organizers can then post a tentative schedule since they will have a far better feeling about what is coming for all the various categories.  Also, it would be really nice if a list of items registered were posted online so people can easily see what is coming.  Having said that, if an online were posted, everyone must recognize the list could change based upon the fact items may not arrive for whatever reason.  It sure would be a lot easier than to stand in the auction room and try to see what games are on the tables.

Posted by qwaserity

If there is no onsite registration there will probably quite a few folks who show up and try to sell their wares through the consignment hall. Will the consignment hall also require preregistration?

Posted by nscott

According to the website, yes. Consignment store items need to be preregistered by July31st as well.

Posted by jerrytel klaron

klaron wrote:
Thinking about this a bit further, if all items must be pre-registered, I hope the auction organizers can then post a tentative schedule since they will have a far better feeling about what is coming for all the various categories.  Also, it would be really nice if a list of items registered were posted online so people can easily see what is coming.  Having said that, if an online were posted, everyone must recognize the list could change based upon the fact items may not arrive for whatever reason.  It sure would be a lot easier than to stand in the auction room and try to see what games are on the tables.

Even with items pre-registered, as you mentioned, it does not mean they will be brought in and submitted officially onsite to be sold. I cannot see any change in our ability to provide a final schedule until items begin to arrive. Items that are registered may not be dropped off until Saturday, so forming a schedule based solely on the pre-registration would still not be possible.

Every morning will still start with family/board games. RPG's, TSR RPG's, Wargames and Euro board games will more than likely have daily slots as well. Painted Miniatures, Unpainted Miniatures, Collectible Miniatures, GW items, RR Games, and CCG's tend to have one slot over the course of the weekend.

As was already previously mentioned, Collectibles are Friday night, TOVA is on late Saturday PM, and Charity is Saturday Evening.

Jerry

Posted by zaphod

I can't believe you are going to turn away the hundreds of people who try and drop off their items at the auction this year.  Gen Con has not publicized the changes to the auction, and most people will have no idea.  This is a really bad idea, and is going to result in a smaller auction, and lot of very angry people.

At the very least, Gen Con needs to make some posts on facebook announcing this.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.