Cancellation Process/Etiquette
Posted by ayoung98683

I'm happy (and slightly embarrassed) that I did far better than expected in the Wishlist draft, and now feel slightly overbooked. I imagine it's bad behavior to just not show up for an event one is ticketed for, correct? What's the process and etiquette around ticket cancellation?

Posted by studnougat

Cancel the earlier the better so others can pick up tickets they want!  I think you can cancel online for system credit, or you can cancel on site for refund to payment method.

Posted by marimaccadmin

You can refund the ticket now online yourself for system credit, or email [email protected] for other forms of returns.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mjb691 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
You can refund the ticket now online yourself for system credit, or email [email protected] for other forms of returns.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

I'm not seeing a refund option in the "My Packet" screen.  Is it somewhere else?

Posted by marimaccadmin

I believe on the transactions tab, there's a refund button on the right; no, hitting it will not refund all your events, it will give you the option to refund certain events.

Posted by mjb691 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
I believe on the transactions tab, there's a refund button on the right; no, hitting it will not refund all your events, it will give you the option to refund certain events.

Yup, there it is.  Thanks!

Posted by helenbb

You can also post in this forum when you cancel something popular, so others have a chance to pick it up.

Posted by brotherbock ayoung98683

ayoung98683 wrote:
I'm happy (and slightly embarrassed) that I did far better than expected in the Wishlist draft, and now feel slightly overbooked. I imagine it's bad behavior to just not show up for an event one is ticketed for, correct? What's the process and etiquette around ticket cancellation?

*Thank you* for this. It is a problem for a lot of GMs, so the more people actually return tickets instead of no-showing, the better. Thanks :) 

Posted by alans

This is  a great site that has easy to find Returned tickets, updated every 6 hours.

http://gencon.eventdb.us/changes.php?ChangeSet=28

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.