KFG Wednesday Gaming returns this year....
1 3
1 3
Posted by kfgdraven

**Important** 2016 KFG Wednesday Gaming registration is scheduled for Saturday July 9 at NOON at THIS LINK

Coming in to Indy early and looking for something to do? For the 11th straight year, the Kentucky Fried Gamers (KFG) will be hosting events on Tuesday evening 8/2 and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on 8/3.  To stay up to date on last minute changes, check out our Facebook page located here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KentuckyFriedGamers/ . We'll also be having our Tuesday Night Pub Crawl in the evening. Stay tuned for more details.

As of 6/21, here's the game list. A lot of really good games on the schedule.

Ram (Morning)

Fury of Dracula - Boardgame - 4 players
Forumula D - Michael - 9:00 - 11:00
Legendary Encounters Predator - 11:00 - 1:00
Jeff - HEX Wilderness Kids 9:00 - 11:00 - 6 players
Jeff - HEX Wilderness Kids 11:00 - 1:00 - 6 players
Classic BASIC D&D (BECMI rules) - David Culp - 5 players
KAMB - Mark 9-11
KAMB - Mark 11-1
Conquest of Planet Earth - Johnathan
Scott - Deadlands (Savage Worlds)

Ram (Afternoon)

Scythe the board game - David - 4 players
Munchkin - Jason
Spirit of '77 - Mark
Heather - Shaleria
Dave - Takenoko: Chibis (2p.m. - 5 p.m.) - 4 players
Nick - Castles of Mad King Lugwig (2 p.m. - 5 p.m.) - 4 players
Brian - Dead of Winter (2 p.m. - 5 p.m.) - 5 players
Anna - Between Two Cities (2 p.m. - 5 p.m.) - 7 players

Scotty's (Morning)

Mantic Games - Dungeon Saga (3)
XCrawl - Brendan LaSalle
Paranoia - Katrine
Shawna - 11-3 - TBA

Scotty's (Afternoon)

XCrawl - Brendan LaSalle
Heath - Little Fears
Katrina - Word on the Street
Jean - Marvel Munchkin
Sock - Playthings (with his own swag too!)

Posted by kfgdraven

First post updated

Posted by helenbb

Any information yet on when people will be able to sign up for these games?

Posted by kfgdraven

KFG Wednesday Gaming signups will happen July 9.  This year, signups won't be in the GC forums - they'll be on Warhorn instead.  More info should be posted this week.

Posted by helenbb

What is Warhorn and how do I get there? Do I need an account?

Posted by lanefan helenbb

helenbb wrote:
warhorn.net - yes it looks like you need an account (it seems to be free) - their example of how to sign up for something looks way more complicated than posting "sign me up for this" in a forum.  As I've said about many games in the past, I hope it plays better than it reads. :)

Posted by kfgdraven

Well, we can't use the GC forums for event registration this year unless we restrict the the total threads to four or so, we have no interest in putting the events in the GC system due to high number of no shows, so our options are limited.   We could use FB, but how would folks find anything?   

If if you have another solution, I'd like to hear it.  It just needs to be simple and free.   Warhorn was the best we could come up with that did both of those.   

Posted by helenbb lanefan

lanefan wrote:
helenbb wrote:
warhorn.net - yes it looks like you need an account (it seems to be free) - their example of how to sign up for something looks way more complicated than posting "sign me up for this" in a forum.  As I've said about many games in the past, I hope it plays better than it reads. :)

Thank you for the response. I'll set up an account and investigate.

Posted by ifdirector

Can't wait!

Last year was the first time I sat in and you guys did it up right.

Posted by kfgdraven

First post updated. 

No reason to game alone. While KFG Tuesday and Wednesday are a great place to meet new folks, if you're coming to GenCon solo (or not, I guess) and want to play a game with me, I'm going to be doing Indie Games on Demand from 12-4 Thursday and 10-2 Sunday.  Post here if you're interested and we'll get logistics worked out.

Posted by kfgdraven

Cleaned up the game list.  If you got skunked during event registration, remember the KFG games won't have event registration until July.  See details above.

Posted by braewe

Will the tuesday evening thing still be happening? <edit> Oh I see it, sweet!

Posted by kfgdraven

Yes, George will be running it this year. I have a schedule conflict I cannot miss on 8/2. Like "Come home and the door locks have been changed and what's that burning in the front yard - it all looks so familiar" cannot miss. Bubba and I plan on arriving around midnight.

Also, KFG shirts for this year are on sale through the end of the month here: http://kentuckyfriedgamers.com/kfg-2016-shirts-dice/ . Get your own "Elf Park" to amaze your family and friends.

Posted by lanefan kfgdraven

kfgdraven wrote:
Well, we can't use the GC forums for event registration this year unless we restrict the the total threads to four or so, we have no interest in putting the events in the GC system due to high number of no shows, so our options are limited.   We could use FB, but how would folks find anything?   
If if you have another solution, I'd like to hear it.  It just needs to be simple and free.   Warhorn was the best we could come up with that did both of those.   
I'm putting some thought into (and feelers out about) another solution.  No promises.  Stay tuned.

Posted by lanefan

kfgdraven, please email me at lanefan (at) shaw (dot) ca - I might have a sign-up solution for you, needs your input and ideas.

Posted by kfgdraven

list updated as of 5/21.  Email sent to lanefan.

Posted by lanefan

Got it, check yer inbox. :)

Posted by kfgdraven

Big update.  Lanefan and his buddy Bryony have put together a page for KFG Event registration.  I've updated the first post with the link.  Event registration will begin on 7/9, but we're trying to nail down a time that fits their schedule.  Stay tuned and give these folks a big huzzah when you see them!

So, to be clear, we won't be using warhorn.  We'll be using the above link instead.  The page is in the middle of some testing now, so don't think you can go ahead and sign up.  We'll clear out the test data before we start all official like.

Posted by kfgdraven

Game list has some additions.  Registration will begin at noon on 7/9. 

Posted by rz3wg4mattingly

I could run a game of Conquest of Planet Earth at the Ram if you've still got slots open.  I've enjoyed Wednesday gaming as a player for a couple years.  I could lead one for a change.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3