Official Gen Con Event List Download Links
(Pinned)
Posted by marimaccadmin

Links to download the event catalog:

Please only post here if you are having problems downloading the list, or it's corrupt, or anything pertaining to the downloading of the catalog itself.

Posted by gamerdrew

Cannot download the zip file, I get an 404 error. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Noon eastern.  20 minutes.

Posted by god1801

Excel file?

Posted by tburke0

We've gone from 404 to 500 error at https://www.gencon.com/events.zip so that's progress...

Posted by gjh4

I don't know, we're looking for an HTTP 200 response, so actually it's further away ;-)

Posted by nsschafer

Anything?

Posted by marimaccadmin

There was one event that was misformatted that messed it up, so it's coming shortly.  You can search the list right now if you like.

Posted by derekguder

When the situation has changed, we will post here to let everyone know.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jcombs23

Having the same problem. Getting 500 on the excel download.

Posted by derekguder

Should be fixed now:

Let us know if anyone continues to have issues.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by ellindsey

The events list link seems to be working now.

Posted by firvulag

Oops nm

Posted by firvulag

The zip links works fine....got an error on the xls file (both Event catalogs).  But the zip file working was good enough for me.

Posted by derekguder

Try again. I had to update the URL - it's an .xlsx file, not .xls like I originally typed in.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by garhkal

Wow, that was easy for me.  Just typed in Sparks (For the name of our starwars group) and searched though each day.  Had NO issues getting the events i wanna get in put into my wish list..  Cudos guys and gals!

Posted by inquisitor60503

So, I've downloaded things a couple times.  One file, I was filtering and sorting and when I went to the date column, the dates showed up as like August 16.

So I went and downloaded again and now while I seem to have the correct download in terms of dates, there are NO Magic the Gathering events.  I know that can't be the case.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Posted by derekguder

There are two Magic events, currently.

There should many, many more soon, but the schedule has not been finalized. This was brought up in another thread.

Remember: lots of events are added late as we get closer to the convention, so you'll want to check back later.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder

Wow. The forum software does not like that URL format. The link still seems to work properly, though.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by eddymonticello

Every attempt to download the file results in it telling me the file is corrupted and then closes. None of the links produce a positive result. Anyone else having this issue? I'm sure it's not the sheet otherwise there would be more people saying so, so I'm wondering what may be wrong on my end.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.