Sun King Tour - Wed
Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey

Folks - My friends and I are taking a tour of the downtown Sun King brewery on Wednesday afternoon.  They accept groups of 15.  Is anybody interested in going on the tour with us? I'm happy to make the arrangements.  We are trying for 2PM so that we can be done in time for the Stink at 5PM.  If you are interested you can PM me or reply.  It would be fun to have a group of us. 

I promise I'm not a serial killer or weirdo.  Or any weirder than the average Gen Con attendee. 

Posted by m-evans

My husband and I are potential interested. What does the tour entail?

There are 2 versions, the $10 version and the $20 version.  I'm thinking the $20 version might be more fun (both descriptions on their website).  $20 tour includes -

Sun King's Reserve Tour - • Includes tour of the main brewing facility, an upgraded tasting glass,sampling of our 3 house beers as well as a seasonal or specialty beer (selected by tour guide), a tour of our barrel aging facility, as well as a sampling of 1 Kings Reserve Selection.

The $10 tour doesn't go to the barrel aging facility.  

Posted by tcwildstar

How would potential attendees to the tour be getting there?

Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey tcwildstar

tcwildstar wrote:

I suggest we meet at the brewery at a designated time with everybody responsible for their own transport.  It should be a short taxi / uber ride.  It's 3 miles miles from the convention center.

Posted by bith yog-sothoth in jersey

yog-sothoth in jersey wrote:
tcwildstar wrote:

I suggest we meet at the brewery at a designated time with everybody responsible for their own transport.  It should be a short taxi / uber ride.  It's 3 miles miles from the convention center.

If you are staying at the La Quinta, it's about a block and a half away :).

Posted by tcwildstar

There are three of us that would like to be included in this if we can all get to town in time. We're aiming to, at least.

Posted by boc_mage

Very interested in this, i plan to be downtown early enough. When is a go/no go needed? I'm waiting on finding out when my volunteer training is on Wed as that is my only must do event. If the tour end leaves enough time to get back i'd be glad to prepay/register for this. I can't make the brewbus tours due to events so this sounds cool to me as something to do Wed.

Excellent - I'll send you individual messages and set it up! 

Hmm - I can't seem to figure out how to send direct messages on the GC Forums.  tcwildstar and boc_mage, would you mind sending me an email over at [email protected]? We can organize from there.

Anybody else interested can drop me an email there.  Thanks!

Posted by roundtop

yog-sothoth:  You can't since they moved to these new forums.

Posted by boc_mage

No pm is my biggest issue with the new forums, either way email sent with my info.

Posted by aklevah

FYI:  It isn't 3 miles from the convention center, it is only a mile; which may be a decider on how people want to get there.

This event is officially happening! We have a bunch of people who have contacted me and made arrangements to kick-off Gen Con with Sun King! We will be taking the King's Reserve tour of the Sun King brewery at 2PM on Wednesday, 8/3. 

The King’s Reserve tour offers a tour with sampling of the brewery. It also includes a bonus visit to the barrel-aged facility (within walking distance) where you can see where the sour and barrel-aged program takes place. It will last about 1 hour depending on questions and such. The cost is $20/person, and we pay Sun King upon arrival.

Anybody interested in joining the group drop me a line at [email protected].  See you in Indy!

Posted by robertm734

Myself and my wife would be interested

Posted by boc_mage

Wanted to say overall thanks Carlos (yog-sothoth) for organizing this and nice to meet the rest of you who made it. Had a lot of fun and was well worth it. I may forget names but I do look forward to doing something similar next year, maybe a different brewery/tour stop. As a volunteer during con i appreciate chance to do stuff around indy not directly during con.

Shoutout to Carmine (Carlos's friend) who i kept running into around the TD area.

Hopefully see you all next year,

-Matt 

I'm thrilled to report that the Sun King tour was an amazing success! 

(1) the GenCon forumites are the best! I loved hanging out with tcwildstar, boc_mage, robertm737 and maerada! We had a nice group of 12.  Everybody was on time, reliable and fun.  I would love to hang out with them again!

(2) the Sun King Reserve Tour is spectacular.  It cost $20 and we got a private guide all through the facility.  We got to taste a bunch of different beers. Before the tour I really enjoyed Sun King, but now I'm a superfan.  They are a surprisingly young company that is really dedicated to their craft.  They do a lot of cool stuff for Indiana. 

The he people at Sun King are really nice and the facility is gorgeous.  Highly recommend! 

Dont nut be afraid to connect with our fellow forumites! They are the best! 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.