The "Where Are You Staying?" Thread
Posted by jishosan

I figured this might help people hook up some alternate, late night, or early groups. Let people know where you are staying and when you're coming into/leaving town!

Sheraton Keystone Crossing (not the Downtown Sheraton)
Arriving August 3rd, checking out August 8th.

I'm actually road tripping from Dallas to Indianapolis, so I might arrive a day early, since I gave myself an extra day to possibly stop in Memphis. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to drive the entire way through or stop (it's a 12-13 hours drive). 

Posted by bushmaster

I have a room at the Downtown Hilton.  I will be driving from Omaha Nebraska.   Figure it will take about 10 hours, not a hard drive at all.  Plan to leave about 7 am and arrive between 5 and 6.

I plan to stay until Monday.

Very excited as this is my first GenCon.

Posted by jishosan bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
I have a room at the Downtown Hilton.  I will be driving from Omaha Nebraska.   Figure it will take about 10 hours, not a hard drive at all.  Plan to leave about 7 am and arrive between 5 and 6.
I plan to stay until Monday.
Very excited as this is my first GenCon.

It's not my first, but it's my first in Indy. I went to the ones in Wisconsin when I used to live in Chicago. :) But it will be the first for my 16 year old kid (incidentally, the same age I was when I first attended). 

Posted by onelittlemoment

This is my 6th Gencon, my husband's 11th.
We aren't going too far, it's about a 4.5 hour drive from mid-Michigan. We plan to arrive on Wednesday afternoon and leave on Monday morning.

Housing lottery placed me out at the Wyndham Hotel near the airport, about 8 miles away.
I have been hitting F5 constantly in hopes of something downtown opening up.

We also have a backup room booked at the Fountianview Inn, out of the housing block. Just in case. :)
$225 a night for a two queen bed suite with free parking and about a mile away from the ICC.

Posted by brotherbock jishosan

jishosan wrote:
I figured this might help people hook up some alternate, late night, or early groups. Let people know where you are staying and when you're coming into/leaving town!
Sheraton Keystone Crossing (not the Downtown Sheraton)
Arriving August 3rd, checking out August 8th.
I'm actually road tripping from Dallas to Indianapolis, so I might arrive a day early, since I gave myself an extra day to possibly stop in Memphis. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to drive the entire way through or stop (it's a 12-13 hours drive). 

Unless you're a vendor, no real need to get to town on Tuesday. If I were you, I'd stop in Memphis at the Civil Rights Museum. Absolutely fantastic.

Posted by divachelle

We're driving down from the Grand Rapids, MI area and expect about a 4 to 4.5 hour trip. We'll be at the Embassy downtown from Wednesday through Monday. 

Posted by robbo

The Hilton, three hour drive.

Posted by boc_mage

If I can sell the proverbial kidney it'll be Embassy downtown. Otherwise hilton by airport. Get into town Wed for volunteer training and stay through till Monday morning. 

Posted by gamerlaura

Candlewood Suites by the airport. We typically stay at the City Centre one, but the price was out of range this year. Coming in from Chicago the Saturday before, staying until the Tuesday after. It's our vacation...we like to do it right.

Posted by jishosan

IF people are interested, I'll be hauling a few board games with me, and should be in town pretty early on Wednesday.

Legendary with the Dark City expansion
Core Worlds with Galactic Orders and Revolution
Five Tribe with expansion. 
Lords of Waterdeep
Small Worlds Underground
7 Wonders with Leaders & Cities

Maybe a couple more, but that should be most of them. If folks have any interest in sitting and playing on Wednesday, let me know. 

Posted by gamenight

The Alexander

Posted by havoctimmo

Staying at the LaQuinta near the airport.  I could be up for some late night gaming, if others are staying there.

Carpools to and from GenCon?

Posted by stevespikes

I have a king room (not my first choice; con-goers can't be choosers) at Westin.  This is our third or fourth year at The Westin.

Posted by dylanstarks

Dowtown Hilton and we come in on Tuesday afternoon from Milwaukee. We missed last year but promised to never do that again after the misery it created. 

Posted by truelink

JW Marriott. It's now my go-to hotel of the con.

Posted by burrfoot72

JW Marriott here.  Picked up thrusday, friday and saturday a couple weeks ago.  Want to get on the waitlist for wednesday night but can't get the exclamation point to show up to try and add myself to the list.  Is there a cap on how many can be on the waitlist or is it possible there is not even a waitlist for the hotel?  I thought I waitlisted the JW last year but maybe not.  

Posted by bushmaster

I thought I had read somewhere that there is not waitlisting this year.  But I don't remember where I saw that.

Posted by burrfoot72

There's supposed to be to add shoulder nights wrapped around  your existing reservation.  There is not a waitlist for a room when you don't have one.  

Posted by bushmaster

Ahh, that makes sense.

Posted by katyspray

Congrats on snagging the JW!! I'm currently at the Hilton Downtown (took me 3 modifications and a trade to get there) and I am still hoping to get to the JW before the con starts! *fingers crossed*

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.