DOWNTOWN Hyatt King for Transfer
Posted by e_sandrs

My friend and I have made alternate housing arrangements, so we now have a King room in the Hyatt available Wednesday through Saturday night for transfer before the transfer deadline of this Sunday.  The room is at the base housing rate of $217/night (pre-tax) -- $1,015.56 total for all four nights.

This message is being shared through multiple channels, but let us know here if you're interested!

Thanks.

Posted by shimoroku

Hello, I also posted on the facebook post you posted. I am interested in taking this off your hands. I'm not sure exactly of the process of how to transfer though. Let me know! Thanks!

Posted by e_sandrs shimoroku

shimoroku wrote:
Hello, I also posted on the facebook post you posted. I am interested in taking this off your hands. I'm not sure exactly of the process of how to transfer though. Let me know! Thanks!
I'll get my friend in the loop and find out how we do the housing site transfer...

Posted by e_sandrs

Looks like the "how" is here:
http://www.gencon.com/forums/20-roommates-and-housing-trades-giveaways-needed/topics/713-transferring-a-room

Posted by glory 4 months ago
 #5It's best if they can all right after you (and if you get the name of the person you chatted with so your friend can ask for him/her). But it theoretically shouldnt matter if they call a couple hours later.You (the one with the booking) will need the following information:  

• Name 
  • Badge Number 
  • Hotel Reservation Number (on the My Housing page) 
  • Your friend's name 
  • Your friend's e-mail 

Your Friend will need the following information:  

• Name 
  • Badge Number 
  • Your friend will also need his Hotel Reservation Number (on the My Housing page - everyone has one that has purchased a badge so that Gen Con knows you're able to book a hotel room).   

To Transfer the Room:  

1. Call Q-rooms and give them the scoop with all that information. 

1. Ask that the reservation be COMPLETELY MOVED OVER TO YOUR FRIEND'S BADGE.  I hate to say it, but Q-rooms is kind of crappy. My husband transferred a reservation to his friend and it still shows under my husband's badge even though it's in friend's name. But when I transferred a reservation to my name from someone else it is now completely under my name. So there are two ways of going about this and you want the way in which it's completely disconnected from your badge number.  

2. Have your friend call Q-rooms and complete the reservation by giving all of his info (he will also need HIS hotel reservation number located in his My Housing page. He will have one of these even if he doesn't already have a reservation because this is what Gen Con uses to check that you have a badge and are able to make a reservation for housing). 
  3. You should then get an e-mail from Q-rooms noting the change and then within 24 hours it should be removed from your My Housing page and appear on your friend's My Housing page. 

I hope this helps! 

Posted by shimoroku e_sandrs

e_sandrs wrote:
Looks like the "how" is here:
http://www.gencon.com/forums/20-roommates-and-housing-trades-giveaways-needed/topics/713-transferring-a-room
Posted by glory 4 months ago
 #5It's best if they can all right after you (and if you get the name of the person you chatted with so your friend can ask for him/her). But it theoretically shouldnt matter if they call a couple hours later.You (the one with the booking) will need the following information:  

• Name 
  • Badge Number 
  • Hotel Reservation Number (on the My Housing page) 
  • Your friend's name - Justin Brown
  • Your friend's e-mail - [email protected]

Your Friend will need the following information:  

• Name 
  • Badge Number 
  • Your friend will also need his Hotel Reservation Number (on the My Housing page - everyone has one that has purchased a badge so that Gen Con knows you're able to book a hotel room).   

To Transfer the Room:  

1. Call Q-rooms and give them the scoop with all that information. 

1. Ask that the reservation be COMPLETELY MOVED OVER TO YOUR FRIEND'S BADGE.  I hate to say it, but Q-rooms is kind of crappy. My husband transferred a reservation to his friend and it still shows under my husband's badge even though it's in friend's name. But when I transferred a reservation to my name from someone else it is now completely under my name. So there are two ways of going about this and you want the way in which it's completely disconnected from your badge number.  

2. Have your friend call Q-rooms and complete the reservation by giving all of his info (he will also need HIS hotel reservation number located in his My Housing page. He will have one of these even if he doesn't already have a reservation because this is what Gen Con uses to check that you have a badge and are able to make a reservation for housing). 
  3. You should then get an e-mail from Q-rooms noting the change and then within 24 hours it should be removed from your My Housing page and appear on your friend's My Housing page. 

I hope this helps! 

I added my name and email into the reply, If you could share the number I would need to call I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Posted by e_sandrs

Looks like our transfer is complete!  People still searching will have to search elsewhere.  :(

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.