NO SELLING
(Pinned)
Posted by marimaccadmin

This is a forum for trading rooms, giving away room reservations you don't need, and finding rooms/roommates.  There is to be absolutely no selling of room reservations, or offering anything of value in exchange for a room.  Infractions of this rule will lead to your post being deleted and can lead to your account being banned from these forums.  Thank you!

Posted by cgheysek marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
This is a forum for trading rooms, giving away room reservations you don't need, and finding rooms/roommates.  There is to be absolutely no selling of room reservations, or offering anything of value in exchange for a room.  Infractions of this rule will lead to your post being deleted and can lead to your account being banned from these forums.  Thank you!
I see a number of postings looking for rooms.  If you don't want to trade a room, how do you give your reservation to someone without selling?

Posted by hawkeye

you can trasnsfer it to them through the housing portal

Posted by shaleira

If you have a connected room, we'd be intersested.

Posted by boc_mage

Is it possible/allowed to trade/advertize rooms that are out of block? Ie if i wiff on housing portal (all but guarnteed at this point) i need to get rid of my out of block room. Or do I cancel with hotel itself and somebody on a search engine gets lucky at my bad luck with the housing portal? 

Posted by marimaccadmin boc_mage

boc_mage wrote:
Is it possible/allowed to trade/advertize rooms that are out of block? Ie if i wiff on housing portal (all but guarnteed at this point) i need to get rid of my out of block room. Or do I cancel with hotel itself and somebody on a search engine gets lucky at my bad luck with the housing portal? 

I guess...as long as it's just a room/room trade, or giving away a reservation with nothing exchanged in return.  

Posted by boc_mage

Wanted to ask before posting as the old housing swap forum has helped quite a bit over the years. I have out of block room that depending on what if anything is left does my group no good. Rather if i need to dump it see it go to people on forums vs direct cancellation with hotel. Thanks for the quick response, especially considering the day.

p.s. Miss the pm feature quite a bit already.

Posted by toddygee boc_mage

boc_mage wrote:
Wanted to ask before posting as the old housing swap forum has helped quite a bit over the years. I have out of block room that depending on what if anything is left does my group no good. Rather if i need to dump it see it go to people on forums vs direct cancellation with hotel. Thanks for the quick response, especially considering the day.
p.s. Miss the pm feature quite a bit already.

Hi Boc,

Did you find a new taker for your room reservation?  Not sure how to connect with you without PM.

Thoughts?

TAG

Posted by honeywine23

I need a downtown room if anyone has one for trade contact me at [email protected]

Posted by jimrules27

yeah with no PM's how are we supposed to communicate with one another, just always post your email on the forum?  Seems unwise.

Posted by bluesky jimrules27

jimrules27 wrote:
yeah with no PM's how are we supposed to communicate with one another, just always post your email on the forum?  Seems unwise.
 I set up a temp email to handle my public whatnots. Gmail is my primary, yahoo is my secondary and public.

Not ideal because I'd like the PM system back but it works for now. :)

Posted by mattsturm hawkeye

hawkeye9723 wrote:
you can trasnsfer it to them through the housing portal
How do you do that, exactly? Do you just edit the information in the reservation?

Posted by marimaccadmin

You can use Facebook PMs, you can use any of the thousand other chat things out there, you can set up a dummy account.  If that's too onerous for you, I guarantee you someone else will have no problem with it.

Posted by beccaroo

As it turns out, the luck of the Irish was not in our favour today with all of us getting wait times of 3 hours or more!! If you have a room in Downtown, we would be happy to take it! Any size! We would like to stay Monday - Monday, but any days at all are helpful! With the view to extend if possible!Thanks you so much! 
Rebecca, Garrett and Gav.

Posted by thenrich

Ok so stop me if this is a stupid question but what constitutues selling. If I have a $600 (thats total not per night) reservation and I give it to someone and ask them to pay the $600 is that selling? If so why not just cancel the room with the hotel (before June) as per policy. I'm not trying to scalp here but are people really just giving away $600 worth of hotel to strangers.

Posted by lisakrich thenrich

thenrich wrote:
Ok so stop me if this is a stupid question but what constitutues selling. If I have a $600 (thats total not per night) reservation and I give it to someone and ask them to pay the $600 is that selling? If so why not just cancel the room with the hotel (before June) as per policy. I'm not trying to scalp here but are people really just giving away $600 worth of hotel to strangers.
hi, it is the  reservation you are giving. Say i have a doubltand trade you for a king. We swap reservations, no credit cards have been billed yet.That help?

Posted by lisakrich lisakrich

lisakrich wrote:
thenrich wrote:
hi, it is the  reservation you are giving. Say i have a double and trade you for a king. We swap reservations, no credit cards have been billed yet.That help?

Posted by marimaccadmin thenrich

thenrich wrote:

If you have PREPAID that reservation you may ask them for that amount.  If not, you cannot sell it, but you are transferring it to someone else, and your credit card is being removed.

Posted by thenrich marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
thenrich wrote:

If you have PREPAID that reservation you may ask them for that amount.  If not, you cannot sell it, but you are transferring it to someone else, and your credit card is being removed.
Cool! Thats what I wanted to know. I didn't mean to PREPAY so I probally haven't. But either way I'm just looking to get out of the $50 cancelization I'm not trying to make any money so thank you thats what I needed to know.

Posted by linkn thenrich

thenrich wrote:
marimaccadmin wrote:
thenrich wrote:

Cool! Thats what I wanted to know. I didn't mean to PREPAY so I probally haven't. But either way I'm just looking to get out of the $50 cancelization I'm not trying to make any money so thank you thats what I needed to know.
As long as you transfer the reservation to another name and don't cancel, you don't pay a cancellation fee.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.