Unique attendees number?
1 2 4
1 2 4
Posted by austicke nascragman

nascragman wrote:How much does a single-day badge cost?

In 2017, the pre-registration price was $55 per day. Family Fun Day (Sunday) was $45 for up to four people. That compares to a 4-day badge at $90.

Posted by nascragman

Yeah, I'd hate to see what is essentially a 130% price increase.

(Of course as long as I'm getting my judge's badge, it shouldn't affect me)

Posted by bones311

Why don't we call it like it is. It was a crappy cash grab stunt to make the most money they could during the 50th anniversary. They increased day badge costs and they "sold out" of 4 day badges for the first time ever. $270 dollars to buy individual day badges. They increased costs, decreased the most purchased, best value badge. And they can cause.... capitalism. It's s***ty, but hey, they can do it, and did. I called them out on it. And they tried to assure me it was for the fire code. I mean, they are so full of s**t their eyes are brown but whatever. Hopefully my "system credit" will be turned over to unclaimed property when it's supposed to be so I can reclaim my money. Washington state like Illinois is 5 years of inactivity. So only 3 years left for me on it. Unless for some reason they've worked out a way to word it so that that money doesn't actually belong to me anymore. Need to get my glasses out and read. But having worked for the unclaimed property department in Illinois and having to be trained on other states unclaimed property laws, I am fairly confident that in Washington state (GenCon is a company from Washington I believe) even gift cards are turned over to unclaimed property after 5 years of non use after purchase date. I know Starbucks turns theirs over. But the cash grab stunt displayed this year makes me think they won't/don't. We will see.

Posted by austicke bones311

bones311 wrote:Why don't we call it like it is. It was a crappy cash grab stunt to make the most money they could during the 50th anniversary. They increased day badge costs and they "sold out" of 4 day badges for the first time ever. $270 dollars to buy individual day badges.

I don't think your theory makes a lot of sense. They cutoff sales of day badges too. Cash grabs usually don't involve refusing to take people's cash. 

Posted by andrewj.rager

I'll never get it, there is always someone who finds a way to not like something. Clearly that person had another bad experience that spurred that rant & I am sorry for that, but I think everyone that was there felt the cap was good for Gen Con. Its not different than being at a concert or sporting event. Only so many people can fit safely and comfortably in a designated area. Everything has caps, movies, concerts, sports, food, makes sense Gen Con does too. In no way was that move a cash grab. They could have easily sold another 5K tickets but made the choice to limit attendance for the better experience of their customers. I like that.

Posted by dukejohn andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
I'll never get it, there is always someone who finds a way to not like something. Clearly that person had another bad experience that spurred that rant & I am sorry for that, but I think everyone that was there felt the cap was good for Gen Con. Its not different than being at a concert or sporting event. Only so many people can fit safely and comfortably in a designated area. Everything has caps, movies, concerts, sports, food, makes sense Gen Con does too. In no way was that move a cash grab. They could have easily sold another 5K tickets but made the choice to limit attendance for the better experience of their customers. I like that.

+1

Posted by raidkillsbugsded dukejohn

dukejohn wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:

+1

I still lose sleep at night about that whole lanyard thing...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4
1 2 4