REGISTRATION thread
Posted by adcjones

Since there isn't one already, post your registration thoughts here!

Posted by adcjones

Looks like I'm "Waiting on response from server"

Posted by bigkid71

Ugh. Starting at 6457 in line... Probably be lucky to get any of my first choices...

Posted by neutrinobunny

Started as 5400 and something, down to 4858.  My browser flaked and the button didn't become clickable when the timer hit zero, so I had to refresh. Sigh.  I hope I get something. :/

Posted by hawkeye

2109 - Clicked right at noon.

Posted by adcjones

Looks like I'm "Waiting on response from server"

Posted by wiltey

i hit it right as it changed and was still 4800

Posted by hauntedcity

THE BUTTON MOVED!  That's a sneaky trick.

In the past the button just became enabled, but this year it jumped up the page.  I lost precious nanoseconds.

Posted by adcjones

Wow, how dissappointing.  Looks like GenCon servers were overloaded because for the past 5 minutes the site was down.  Now I'm 6, 602 in line.

Posted by bgibson04

[This post has been removed]

Posted by david campbell

Clicked right at noon; site went 503 for ten minutes, and when I finally got back in I had to click submit again.

I'm still waiting for processing, watching my picks go grey one by one. I wouldn't mind if the site was actually able to handle the load and I'd of had a chance. Missing Iron GM this year is a real killer. 

Posted by lore seeker

Damn button moved when the countdown hit zero, so I lost a couple seconds, but still got in the 4300s in the queue. Didn't get either Star Wars event, but I got my spot in the tournament I've been practicing for and a Shadowrun Missions adventure.

Plus, the event I'm running sold out before my Wish List processed, so I'm happy about that.

Posted by apparentlymarylee

Not bitter at all huh?

I was worried about missing out on TMBG when I really should have been more concerned with missing on my #1 game I wanted to check out, Dinosaur Island. I missed the kickstarter by 12 hours and now I won't be able to demo it. Waaaah. :(

Posted by thejoltess apparentlymarylee

apparentlymarylee wrote:
Not bitter at all huh?
I was worried about missing out on TMBG when I really should have been more concerned with missing on my #1 game I wanted to check out, Dinosaur Island. I missed the kickstarter by 12 hours and now I won't be able to demo it. Waaaah. :(

You can still late pledge to Dinosaur Island on their Kickstarter :)

Posted by adcjones

First time ever I didn't get all my wishlist for Paizo's Pathfinder.  Server lag must have bumped me too far.  Never started past 3000.

Posted by roderick

Generic Tickets are now available

Roderick Robertson
Gen Con Forum Administrator

Posted by jevertt

One thing I noticed is that the count down timer is based on the local device time. I had two machines right next to each-other with about 45 seconds offset from each-other.

Their server is the ultimate authority, so it won't process requests that come in earlier than it's clock, but I could imaging that if your device is behind, that wouldn't be great (and how fast you actually click the button vs. when it's enabled isn't really a big factor).

Posted by ascantla

Hit phone and laptop at the same time, then realized the one on the laptop had moved.. good thing we had both going. ended up about 2400. lost some big events, then had trouble finding new events in all  the server lag. It was very frustrating for about 15 minutes. eventually was able to get our #1 game we wanted to try. Took some quick shuffling, dropping, and adding. but Should be a decent year this year.
There is just too much available to not find stuff you would like to do.

Posted by braewe

7759.. Can't remember ever being that low. On the bright side, all the things that went grey...UNgreyed by the time my number came up, so though the buddy who got 3400 only picked up a couple of the events we all wanted, /I/ got to snag all the others. Except for one RPG we got into everything thanks to people dropping things from carts. WOOHOO!

Posted by mudman2001

One friend was lagged out when they tried to get on and another was about 1000 ahead of me.  We all got into the events that we wanted but one, and that was L5R.  A good day for us, but now I need to find stuff to do for Thursday.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.