4-Day Badges Sold Out, Limited Single-Day Badges Remain
(Pinned)
1 2 4
1 2 4
Posted by andrewj.rager

The funny thing is my companions (Wife & our friend) thought last year was crowded. They have trouble being around lots of people. So this should be fun this year. lol

Posted by brumcg andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
The funny thing is my companions (Wife & our friend) thought last year was crowded. They have trouble being around lots of people. So this should be fun this year. lol

I have some crowd anxiety too.  I spend a chunk of Thursday acclimatizing to the crowds.  That's why I'm paying such close attention.  Forewarned = forearmed.

Posted by garhkal lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
Holy cow.  This may uncomfortably crowded.....  I'm glad I pre-ordered mine.  I initially considered just waiting until the convention and seeing if I felt like going.

Agreed.  We've seen threads on the crowding before, when it was just at 40k..  Imagine what its gonna be like at around 76k!!
brumcg wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:

I have some crowd anxiety too.  I spend a chunk of Thursday acclimatizing to the crowds.  That's why I'm paying such close attention.  Forewarned = forearmed.

Three of my former Naval comrades have spouses similarly that have 'large crowd anxiety' issues..  Which is why they stopped coming to Gencon a few years back when it started getting to 50k area.  And now only go to Origins...

Posted by sithina

I find the Quiet Room (211 in the ICC) comes in VERY handy when we can't people anymore and need a break--without having to leave the convention entirely. :) 

Posted by garhkal

At this rate, i wonder how packed that quiet room is gonna get..

Posted by andrewj.rager garhkal

garhkal wrote:
At this rate, i wonder how packed that quiet room is gonna get..
That's why unlike last year, I was really wanting a connected hotel. With so many people my wife & our newborn could struggle at times. So it will be so much better to go back to the Hyatt & relax when we need to.

Posted by fanatikk

Only my second time going, but I see they're having events at Lucas Oil. This may spread the population a little bit.

Posted by garhkal

I am just wondering, how many are going to be IN the lucas oil area...

Posted by mikeboozer

As of 3 pm PST today, Saturday badges for Gen Con 50 have sold out.

If you want to attend Gen Con but have yet to get your badge, limited quantities of Thursday, Friday, and Family Fun (Sunday) badges are still available but selling rapidly! You can get your badge at gencon.com.

Posted by divachelle garhkal

garhkal wrote:
I think True Dungeon is over there, along with the gaming library, Mayfair and lots of the cosplay stuff. Should be a crush!

Posted by garhkal divachelle

divachelle wrote:
garhkal wrote:
I think True Dungeon is over there, along with the gaming library, Mayfair and lots of the cosplay stuff. Should be a crush!

And noisy as hell..

Posted by divachelle garhkal

garhkal wrote:
divachelle wrote:
garhkal wrote:

And noisy as hell..
#brutaltruth

Posted by nascragman divachelle

divachelle wrote:
garhkal wrote:
divachelle wrote:
garhkal wrote:

And noisy as hell..
#brutaltruth

Noisy??  No.  LOS is designed to hold 60K rabid football fans screaming at full throat.  It's got a 288 foot high ceiling and seats going up at an angle that will act as baffles.  It should be the best spot for gaming at the convention, sound wise.

I've looked into i because that's where Nascrag will be this year

Posted by dreamitdoit

Agreed with nascragman. The thing that excited me the most about the Library moving to the field is the reduction in noise and the possibility of being able to hear across the table. Hoping they have some of the stadium seats open. It'd be a great place to take a rest in relative quiet.  Part of the eventual acoustics, though, will be what material they use to cover the field.

Posted by bmhostetler

Will there be any way to purchase the family fun day tickets at all?  By the time I saw the press release only Friday was available.  

Posted by austicke bmhostetler

bmhostetler wrote:Will there be any way to purchase the family fun day tickets at all?  By the time I saw the press release only Friday was available.  

Sols out means sold out. Sorry.

Posted by garhkal

Heck, at this rate, ALL badges, single day, family, 4day will all be sold out by the end of next week..!

Posted by dreamitdoit

That's what they've been warning people about for weeks. Even if they don't get sold out (which they totally will), you wouldn't be able to buy them onsite anyway.

Posted by mikeboozer

Only Friday badges are available now why they last.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

A coworker of mine saw me looking at this website and said he was thinking about going.  I asked if he got his tickets yet and he said he hadn't.  I had to inform him that they were all sold out except Friday.  He really only wanted to go on Saturday to check it out.  He didn't want to go on Friday, I think, because that would mean he'd have to take off work or go after work and basically pay $75 for 5 or 6 hours at the convention.  So I told him since only Friday was available, he was out of luck and to try again next year.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 4
1 2 4