Lanyards for badges
Posted by evilearscat

Does any one know if they are giving out lanyards this year with the badges?

Posted by rhone1

Don't they every year?

Posted by evilearscat

They used to have them just on stretchy string

Posted by mvotruba

I also want to say the have stretchy string, but it's been a couple years for me.  I am NOT a fan of the string.  However, I've also seen vendors/sponsors handing out free lanyards in the past, and I'd say they are/were a step up from the string.  I would recommend swinging by a booth of a vendor you like and see if they have one.

That said, my daughter & I just picked up lanyards that we liked and now just bring those, plus a member of our gaming group made us really cool custom badge holders so we're set.  I know, a bit off topic, but I really dig the custom badge holders she made. :-) 

Posted by lore seeker

IIRC, every year I've gone (2011 onwards) they've had lanyards, usually advertising some game or another.

Posted by divachelle

We've already received our badges and lanyards are included. They are not a stretchy string-type, but are made of thicker material, kind of like a dog leash-ish sort of deal.

Posted by varelseshrike evilearscat

evilearscat wrote:

IIRC, there was only one year where it was a stretchy string. It was around 2011 or 2012. I know this year is Upper Deck again with a Buffy lanyard for their new game. The Gen Con instagram account has pictures of it. 

Posted by njseahawksfan

I have one of these (although not the spiffy GenCon 50 one like this) and they are great!  Not only does it hold your pass, but you can put your generics and event tickets in it along with credit card and ID if you like.

https://www.offworlddesigns.com/gen-con-50-badge-wallet-limited-edition/

Posted by evilearscat varelseshrike

varelseshrike wrote:
evilearscat wrote:

IIRC, there was only one year where it was a stretchy string. It was around 2011 or 2012. I know this year is Upper Deck again with a Buffy lanyard for their new game. The Gen Con instagram account has pictures of it. 
awesome. Thanks

Posted by armadilloal varelseshrike

varelseshrike wrote:
evilearscat wrote:

Must have been 2011.  2012 was my first Gen Con, and I know for a fact that Wizards of the Coast sponsored the lanyards that year.
njseahawksfan wrote:
I have one of these (although not the spiffy GenCon 50 one like this) and they are great!  Not only does it hold your pass, but you can put your generics and event tickets in it along with credit card and ID if you like.

Those are pretty sweet.  I have one from a local convention that I plan to use again at Gen Con this year.

Posted by bushmaster njseahawksfan

njseahawksfan wrote:

I picked this up when it was announced. Will not need my wallet. It has room for it all and is secure.

Posted by stiehle bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
njseahawksfan wrote:
I picked this up when it was announced. Will not need my wallet. It has room for it all and is secure.

Got one of these myself, and it is very nice indeed.  Now I'm just waiting eagerly for my badge and tickets so I can fill it up!

Posted by ytuni njseahawksfan

njseahawksfan wrote:

I got one of these the year before they switched to the plastic badges and it's a bit too small. I have to cut off part of the top of the plastic badge and I sewed a little snap at the top of the badge pocket to keep it closed. I love it though.

Posted by bith evilearscat

evilearscat wrote:
Does any one know if they are giving out lanyards this year with the badges?
Depends 100% on whether a company sponsored the lanyards or not!  In hte past few years they have been sponsored by UDE I believe.

Odds are someone is sponsoring them this year.

Posted by bith evilearscat

Posted by pinheadjo

Got my badge today...includes lanyard with: Upper Deck   /   Buffy the Vampire Slayer  /  Legendary

Posted by pinheadjo

One of my sons and I got our badges today...includes lanyard with: Upper Deck   /   Buffy the Vampire Slayer  /  Legendary.

Posted by stiehle pinheadjo

pinheadjo wrote:
Got my badge today...includes lanyard with: Upper Deck   /   Buffy the Vampire Slayer  /  Legendary

Yep, my buddy got his badge today and I can confirm the lanyard as well.  His last name starts with G

Posted by bushmaster ytuni

ytuni wrote:
njseahawksfan wrote:
I got one of these the year before they switched to the plastic badges and it's a bit too small. I have to cut off part of the top of the plastic badge and I sewed a little snap at the top of the badge pocket to keep it closed. I love it though.
I check with my badge last year and it fits with lots of room.  I don't have a badge for this yesr.

Posted by abartholow

It's nice to see some got lanyards, neither my husband nor I got lanyards. Oh well, I don't care much for Buffy but it would have been nice to not have to go out an buy one.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.