Parking
Posted by thomas28202

Gate 10 looks like the easy, low-stress option.  Do those spaces sell out quickly like hotels? Or can I just relax and click the button in May?

Posted by funny-shaped dice

When using Gate 10, get it on day 1 of event registration and make it a priority item and you're likely fine. 

Event lists are processed in order, items by priority. Once your list is up, you should be fine.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Last year, I was able to get a 4 day pass several weeks after event registration started.

Posted by jason944

How much does the gate 10 parking cost?  I didnt use this last year so I paid quite a bit for parking garages or parked and walked 3/4 mi away

It was $62 for 4 days.  The lots are not that close to the ICC (1/4mi-1mi away), but they have a shuttle.

Posted by bakermouse10133

Gate 10 was such a nice option for parking, I would say you could wait a bit, but not too long to get an event ticket for it (they did sell out last year but not on day 1).

Will agree that the lots are not that close, but not too far of a walk if you want to hoof it. 
The shuttles are frequent so if you need to wait it wont be long (we never waited more than 5 min for a shuttle)
They have multiple lots so that can get slightly confusing on the first day but after that its a breeze.

Posted by thewildferret

Does the Gate 10 option include in and out privileges? Meaning if I wanted to meet friends that live in the area at dinner I could drive back to the parking area and get back in?

Posted by austicke thewildferret

thewildferret wrote:Does the Gate 10 option include in and out privileges?

Yes.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by bushmaster

I have used Gate 10 a couple of years.  I found it be fast and easy.  But I parked my car and didn't return until the end when I was ready to drive home.

None the less, I feel it is a good option for everyone.

Posted by hendelbolaf

I use the parking garages near the convention center because I like to be able to return often to my car to rest for a moment or drop off purchases and/or gaming supplies. Plus I like to check on my vehicle and they have cameras and it is covered. For a few extra dollars it is worth it to me.

I've used Gate 10 for the past few years, and it's worked out fine.  I wait until our group has accumulated 50+ lbs of purchases, then get a Lyft to take me to my car & stash all the swag.  Round trip was about $8 before tip.

Posted by ar6474

Parking at Hotels is around $45 per day. Gate Ten offers shuttles to the hotels so this is your best option.

Posted by ar6474 bakermouse10133

bakermouse10133 wrote:
Gate 10 was such a nice option for parking, I would say you could wait a bit, but not too long to get an event ticket for it (they did sell out last year but not on day 1).
Will agree that the lots are not that close, but not too far of a walk if you want to hoof it. 
The shuttles are frequent so if you need to wait it wont be long (we never waited more than 5 min for a shuttle)
They have multiple lots so that can get slightly confusing on the first day but after that its a breeze.
The shuttle drivers gave us a card with their phone # on it last year so later in the night we could call them and they would meet us anywhere around the ICC and DT hotels and take us to our car. 

Also, don't forget to be nice and give them a few dollars.

Posted by hendelbolaf ar6474

ar6474 wrote:
Parking at Hotels is around $45 per day. Gate Ten offers shuttles to the hotels so this is your best option.
$22 to $26 a day for parking garages right by the convention center as well. More than Gate 10 but WAY less than the crazy hotel rates...

Posted by jpederso ar6474

ar6474 wrote:
I've used Gate 10 in 2016 & 2017 when my hotel was near the airport.  Didn't mind the walk in the morning or at night.  Last year I got a connected hotel but used Gate 10 to save cash.  I knew that hotel parking was expensive, but $45 per day is ridiculous.

Posted by ar6474 hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
ar6474 wrote:
$22 to $26 a day for parking garages right by the convention center as well. More than Gate 10 but WAY less than the crazy hotel rates...
I think Gate Ten last year was around $75 for 5 days.

Posted by dranthor

Do the shuttles run to the hotels on tuesday?

Posted by funny-shaped dice dranthor

dranthor wrote:
Do the shuttles run to the hotels on tuesday?

To my knowledge, there are no shuttles running to any hotels.  Gate 10 runs shuttles between their parking lots and the ICC, that's it.  If you are coming from an outlying hotel, you have to provide your own transportation (Uber / Lyft / Rental / etc.) if you don't get a Gate 10 Parking Pass.

You'd have to check with your specific hotel to see if they provide any kind of shuttle.

Posted by bushmaster funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
dranthor wrote:Do the shuttles run to the hotels on tuesday?

To my knowledge, there are no shuttles running to any hotels.  Gate 10 runs shuttles between their parking lots and the ICC, that's it.  If you are coming from an outlying hotel, you have to provide your own transportation (Uber / Lyft / Rental / etc.) if you don't get a Gate 10 Parking Pass.You'd have to check with your specific hotel to see if they provide any kind of shuttle.
Hmm that is not true. They stop at all the downtown hotels as well as the ICC.  They even dropped me of at Scott' Brewhouse last year!  Remember, drivers work for tips!

Posted by selene314 bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
funny-shaped dice wrote:
dranthor wrote:Do the shuttles run to the hotels on tuesday?

To my knowledge, there are no shuttles running to any hotels.  Gate 10 runs shuttles between their parking lots and the ICC, that's it.  If you are coming from an outlying hotel, you have to provide your own transportation (Uber / Lyft / Rental / etc.) if you don't get a Gate 10 Parking Pass.You'd have to check with your specific hotel to see if they provide any kind of shuttle.
Hmm that is not true. They stop at all the downtown hotels as well as the ICC.  They even dropped me of at Scott' Brewhouse last year!  Remember, drivers work for tips!

Last year's event list doesn't show any Gate 10 parking on Tuesday. 

The shuttles went to the downtown hotels. They just didn't go between hotels and the ICC, unless you wanted to change shuttles at your parking lot which would be a long detour.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.