Parking
Posted by funny-shaped dice selene314

selene314 wrote:
bushmaster wrote:
funny-shaped dice wrote:
dranthor wrote:Do the shuttles run to the hotels on tuesday?

To my knowledge, there are no shuttles running to any hotels.  Gate 10 runs shuttles between their parking lots and the ICC, that's it.  If you are coming from an outlying hotel, you have to provide your own transportation (Uber / Lyft / Rental / etc.) if you don't get a Gate 10 Parking Pass.You'd have to check with your specific hotel to see if they provide any kind of shuttle.
Hmm that is not true. They stop at all the downtown hotels as well as the ICC.  They even dropped me of at Scott' Brewhouse last year!  Remember, drivers work for tips!

Last year's event list doesn't show any Gate 10 parking on Tuesday. The shuttles went to the downtown hotels. They just didn't go between hotels and the ICC, unless you wanted to change shuttles at your parking lot which would be a long detour.

That's awesome.  Glad to hear it. My last experience with the Gate 10 shuttles was just running between the ICC and the Gate 10 Parking Lots.  

Posted by justkim76

Is Gate 10 24 hour operation during the con? Can you park there Wednesday morning and not leave until Sunday?

Posted by austicke justkim76

justkim76 wrote:Is Gate 10 24 hour operation during the con? Can you park there Wednesday morning and not leave until Sunday?

Yes. Yes.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by bushmaster

Gate 10 will work with you if you want to come in Tuesday.  Just call them in advance.

Posted by dranthor

thank you

Posted by hipphop

We used Gate 10 and it was great with the shuttles. Bring a bit of cash for tips. I found it was smart to get there early to get the shadiest spots. We had no problem coming and going - looks like they did not over sell. We packed a cooler and came back to our car for lunch, but that actually took quite a bit of time mid-day, so this year we will be bringing our lunches in with a cooler bag so we don't have to go back to car. It WAS hot in August and standing in line for the shuttle was hot. We will bring a little collapsible umbrella next time to use as a parasol. We also had no problem finding Gate 10 4 day passes several weeks after registration.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

We also had no problem finding Gate 10 4 day passes several weeks after registration.

Note that this year, Gate 10 parking will not be sold as event tickets. You have to go to their site to buy parking passes starting May 1.

Posted by bushmaster

I wonder why Gate 10 made the decision not to use the GenCon ticking system.  It is less convenient.  I also wonder what the price will be this year.  I am concerned that the price may jump a lot.

Posted by buffythecatslayer bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:I wonder why Gate 10 made the decision not to use the GenCon ticking system.  It is less convenient.  I also wonder what the price will be this year.  I am concerned that the price may jump a lot.

The price has been about the same for the last few years (~$15/day). Maybe they don’t want to give Gen Con a cut anymore. ;-)

Posted by kidlidar

We had great experiences with Gate 10.  My wife has to use a walker or a wheelchair and they were very helpful.  Lots were dusty, but they did their best to keep the shuttles on time.  Drivers were always polite.

Posted by mikeboozer

Having to pick up your parking pass at Will Call and take it back is problematic at best. This system is easier for the customer overall.

Posted by bushmaster mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:Having to pick up your parking pass at Will Call and take it back is problematic at best. This system is easier for the customer overall.
Yea, I can see that.  Going to eticketing would have solved that problem.

Thanks for the info.

Posted by ascantla

Last year we didn't have to pick up anything at Will Call and take it back if you registered early.
We have only had 1 minor issue with Gate 10 parking that was resolved the next year, and that was with their non-shuttle lots that were not described as such and cost the same. Last year they did their shuttle services at a designated spot on the sidewalk so it wasn't really a problem.
We also worry about what is going to happen to the price of a 4 day parking pass. For their currently listed events the parking seems cheaper, but it's not on the same scale as GenCon. I hope their system can handle the rush on tickets as soon as they go up. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.