What is Day 0?
Normal
Small
Posted by onibaku06

Hi folks. I was wondering what Day 0 is for Gen Con?

Do you need an extra pass for it?

Thanks. 

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

I guess you mean Trade Day on Wednesday, and yes, it costs an extra $90. Also, you have to be either an educator or in the gaming business to attend. There are a bunch of seminars on gaming from either an educational or business point-of-view.

Normal
Small
Posted by nscott

There is also Wednesday gaming that occurs in Union Station that is separate from Trade Day. You sign up for these events during registration but tickets are free for all the Wednesday games. If you are doing will call pick up, there isn’t a problem if you go to a game before you’ve picked up your packet - if the lines are long.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Day 0 is like pre-drinking before going to the big event.  You get into your hotel, meet interesting people, pickup your badge (if at will-call), game a bunch, and possibly attend something like The Stink. Then you hit the bars, crash out, and prepare for the start.

Trade day also exists, but no dealers hall, and it is only for educators and companies.

Normal
Small
Posted by hendelbolaf

I sign up for free tickets for Wednesday events at the Union Station and I will run some games, too.

Normal
Small
Posted by trace_sl

Simple answer is Wednesday.  Badges are needed for Trade Day as that is industry insiders but for your average gamers, there are a number of free events and gettogethers; such as The Stink. 

In the event book (when it comes out) you will see events tickets for them but cost is free, all the ticket does is make sure you get a spot, get in first and tracks information.  

It gives you something to do Wednesday after you check into your hotel.    

Normal
Small
Posted by quarex

It is still a funny thing that Day 0 has official events, haha.  I have no doubt it is extra-confusing for anyone unaccustomed to the terminology that has existed since before anything "actually" happened before Thursday.

Normal
Small
Posted by voice_of_reason trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:
Simple answer is Wednesday.  Badges are needed for Trade Day as that is industry insiders but for your average gamers, there are a number of free events and gettogethers; such as The Stink. 
In the event book (when it comes out) you will see events tickets for them but cost is free, all the ticket does is make sure you get a spot, get in first and tracks information.  
It gives you something to do Wednesday after you check into your hotel.    
+1.  Trace put it well.  While I likely need to miss 0 slot events this year, it is some of my favorite Gen Con gaming.  Games we play then to be a bit more casual and my Gen Con gaming group & I use the opportunity to catch up and relax before the big event.  It's a great time to connect with fellow gamers before the rush of Gen Con pulls everyone in different directions.

If you can work it into your travel schedule to arrive and enjoy Wednesday, I would encourage you to do so.  When possible, I try to arrive in Indy on Tuesday to take full advantage of "0 slot" events.

Cheers, 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.