Wednesday Party?
Posted by rich4647

Isn't there usually a Wednesday opening party?  I don't see anything on the site.  I really enjoyed the concert last year.

Posted by llenlleawg

The February 8 press release about the continued partnership with Sun King noted that there would be the tapping party the evening before Gen Con (i.e. July 31), and a May 24 posting on the GenCon FB site noted that the new Sun King beer (Brewtron 9000) will be released on July 31, so be of good cheer, there will be the beer tapping party on Georgia St. on July 31!

Posted by komoridarkclaw

There is also The Stink
Search the events list and you should find it

Posted by matthias9 komoridarkclaw

komoridarkclaw wrote:
There is also The Stink

I thought about suggesting that.  But, I can't get past that dumb name.  Just why? 

Posted by rich4647 matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
komoridarkclaw wrote:
There is also The Stink

I thought about suggesting that.  But, I can't get past that dumb name.  Just why? 
THANK YOU !!!

I know what you mean about the name.  Rationally, I know it's no big deal, but come on, I'm just not gonna do it.

Posted by maijstral2 matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
komoridarkclaw wrote:
There is also The Stink

It started as a joke and then they just leaned into it. :)   A herd of cows, a murder of crows, a stink of gamers.

Posted by bugwar

"  A herd of cows, a murder of crows, a stink of gamers. "

Paint me a word picture.
Make it evoke the essence of the idea, in all its fragrant form.

Posted by indyfoodguy

there's a party wednesday at my place.  wear something tight.

Posted by matthias9 maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
matthias9 wrote:
komoridarkclaw wrote:
There is also The Stink

It started as a joke and then they just leaned into it. :)   A herd of cows, a murder of crows, a stink of gamers.

I mean, I get that *someone* found it funny at one point.  But, for me, it is off-putting.  It is like the opposite of good branding. 

Posted by akb

A small group of gamers is a game.  A large group of gamers is a convention.  A stink of gamers is ... an odor.

Posted by quarex

Oh my god I have never felt more at home on these forums than in this thread, to know there are other people who would never step foot at the opening night's party due to its incredibly terrible name.  High-fives, Matthias9 and Rich4647.

I sincerely doubt the name will ever change, so clearly the only alternative is to host our own Wednesday party!  Actually I already go to a Wednesday party with a few dozen people from my own obscure corner of the Internet, but I would definitely attend a competing party just so I could support the cause.

I do doubt any alternate name could possibly be as memorable, though.

Posted by rich4647

New party:
GRAPH
Gamers Representing Appropriate Personal Hygene

Posted by sethstewart

Wednesday night at the RAM, back room, DrunkAssGamers will be playing Death Cup and drinking
​ face. It's free, so come play.

Posted by vickers1

From what I understand it came from what game birds a called when gathered a "stink" I believe.   

Posted by njseahawksfan

My group tried the Stink last year and it was underwhelming.  There was a huge line for some marginal swag and a decent cash bar.  It just wasn't our scene.  The keg tapping party on the other hand has been great each year I've attended.

Posted by francotheiii

We arrived at the Stink last year a little late (maybe an hour or two after start time), and it was pretty low key at that time- there were some tables representing various organizations giving out some freebies and light swag in the back (badge ribbons, etc.). There was also a giant dice toss game that was fun to do as well. What was pretty nice was that there were plenty of tables to sit at and play some games before the Con kicks off. It was like a pleasant mixer, if you're a pretty social type. Also the back tables were for groups like the Gaymers and I think at least one local indiana gaming group, so it was nice to check out their info and pick up a badge ribbon for support. 

I think you could definitely hit up the keg tapping first and mosey on down to the Stink afterwards if you don't have tickets to the Stink already. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.