Reminder: Auction item registration closes on Sunday, July 28
Posted by jerrytel

Just putting it out there.

Item registration closes on the evening of July 28, 2019. Get all your items added by this weekend.

https://livegameauctions.com/

There is no on-site registration (other than items donated for the charity auction).

Posted by jimrules27

Entering them and printing the labels is what "Registers" them correct?

Posted by jerrytel jimrules27

jimrules27 wrote:
Entering them and printing the labels is what "Registers" them correct?

correct; attach the labels and drop them off at the auction when you get to the convention. You pay any fees at that time.

Posted by alans jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:
Just putting it out there.
Item registration closes on the evening of July 28, 2019. Get all your items added by this weekend.
https://livegameauctions.com/
There is no on-site registration (other than items donated for the charity auction).
thank you!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

If I enter items, I won’t be able to drop them off until around noon on Thursday.  Will that allow them to get auctioned later in the day Thursday, or will they go up Friday or later?

Posted by cmegus buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
If I enter items, I won’t be able to drop them off until around noon on Thursday.  Will that allow them to get auctioned later in the day Thursday, or will they go up Friday or later?

Same for me, so I am now wondering how long the expected line and wait time will be for drop offs on Thursday afternoon as well?

Should I allow an hour for this?

G

Posted by jerrytel

Depending on what your items are, they may be in a group that does not get scheduled until Friday or Saturday anyway. You can drop items off through Saturday.

There will be a line for sellers with a lot of items, a few items, and usually store only as well.

There is also a waiver you can sign that will speed things up and each item is not individually scanned in.

Most checking actually occurs on Wednesday; later in the day on Thursday would probably be less busy than early.

https://livegameauctions.com/faq/

https://livegameauctions.com/2018/09/03/gen-con-2019-tentative-schedule/

Posted by jerrytel buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

Basically some categories will only have one session all weekend (CCG's, GW, Painted Miniatures) and you will want to keep an eye on the schedules posted each morning. Collectibles are are always Friday night, Miniatures usually on Saturday, TOVA Saturday afternoon, and Charity Saturday night.

Board Games, Family Games, Wargames, and RPGs will have at least 1 session (if not more) each day depending on the volume of items in each category that are registered and brought to the convention. That is why there is no real way to get categories and schedules done in advance. Anyone can enter an item in the registration system; there is no guarantee the item will be dropped off at all, or which day. Scheduling is done based on items received/checked in.

Generally, those items that are first in will be in the first category groups that go to the stage as they are sorted and organized.

Posted by gryfalia

Found one more thing I have to list tonight, after that I have about 110 labels to put on things..;-)

Posted by cmegus

One more quick question -

Do I drop off items for the consignment store (not for the live auction) at the same place? Booth 130?

G

Posted by jerrytel cmegus

cmegus wrote:
One more quick question -
Do I drop off items for the consignment store (not for the live auction) at the same place? Booth 130?
G

yup...there will be a volunteer handing out numbered and color coded chips to manage the different lines for intake. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer cmegus

cmegus wrote:One more quick question -
G

Just to clarify, it’s not Booth 130, it’s Room 130 at the east end of the Hoosier Concourse (near the Capitol Ave. entrance).

Posted by fethbone

I know this is last minute, but can you sell comics? I saw books were permitted, but nothing specifically banning or allowing comics. 

I came into a bunch of Knights of the Dinner Table stuff I was hoping to unload.

Posted by austicke fethbone

fethbone wrote:can you sell comics?

Yes.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by fethbone austicke

austicke wrote:
fethbone wrote:can you sell comics?

Yes._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group
As always, thanks so much for your help, Alec!​​​​​​​

Posted by austicke

My pleasure.

Posted by ematuskey

So, I'll be landing Wednesday around 5:30, and probably won't get to the hotel to retrieve my box of auction/store items (which I'm mailing ahead) until after 6.  The schedule says registration closes at 6 on Wednesday, but it also says that's tentative--anyone know if they're usually open until at least 7 most years due to volume?  I, also, have a Thursday morning event, and would rather drop my items off beforehand if possible!

Also, I have a mix of auction and store items in my box--will there be two lines to go through, or does check-in handle both and then the volunteers move everything where it needs to go?

First time trying to sell stuff at the auction/store--fingers crossed I cover my hotel bill!  :D 

Posted by jerrytel ematuskey

ematuskey wrote:
So, I'll be landing Wednesday around 5:30, and probably won't get to the hotel to retrieve my box of auction/store items (which I'm mailing ahead) until after 6.  The schedule says registration closes at 6 on Wednesday, but it also says that's tentative--anyone know if they're usually open until at least 7 most years due to volume?  I, also, have a Thursday morning event, and would rather drop my items off beforehand if possible!
Also, I have a mix of auction and store items in my box--will there be two lines to go through, or does check-in handle both and then the volunteers move everything where it needs to go?
First time trying to sell stuff at the auction/store--fingers crossed I cover my hotel bill!  :D 

6pm will be a hard stop.

There will be a line where you can check both store and stage at the same time.

Posted by ematuskey jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:6pm will be a hard stop.There will be a line where you can check both store and stage at the same time.

Understood--thanks! 

Posted by jerrytel ematuskey

ematuskey wrote:
jerrytel wrote:6pm will be a hard stop.There will be a line where you can check both store and stage at the same time.

Understood--thanks! 

Registration is usually fairly busy in the AM on Thursday; there will be a few lines outside the auction on Thursday; one for people waiting for the store to open and one for sellers waiting to check in items. By the afternoon, the line for sellers is usually much shorter.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.