Last one out turn off the lights
Posted by mvotruba buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
So, flight delayed at least another two hours, switched to a flight tomorrow afternoon. Lucky they still had seats.
Buffy, if I may ask, where are you flying out of?  I hope I don't run into that problem at LAX...we're scheduled to arrive just a few hours before the opening events.  Such a delay we start taking time out of our Gen Con experience.

Posted by quarex

Yeah we got in last night, just went to Kuma's Corner and checked into the hotel and pretty much called it a night, haha. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Newark, other side of the country, so whatever the problem is here shouldn’t affect you. They’re claiming thunderstorms at Newark, but I live 30 miles away, and it was a gorgeous day here.

Flying in Thursday is risky because you do risk missing part of the day.  In the past I’ve usually come Wednesday, but this year I was going to be in a day early and check out the pre-Con gaming on Wednesday.  So much for that plan. :-(

Posted by monkeydragon

Ready for launch!  Expect to be at ICC by 3ish.

Posted by buttcabbge

Rolling out of KC shortly!

Posted by captain 10beers

37 miles out from Indy right now....!!!

Posted by mvotruba buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Newark, other side of the country, so whatever the problem is here shouldn’t affect you. They’re claiming thunderstorms at Newark, but I live 30 miles away, and it was a gorgeous day here.
Flying in Thursday is risky because you do risk missing part of the day.  In the past I’ve usually come Wednesday, but this year I was going to be in a day early and check out the pre-Con gaming on Wednesday.  So much for that plan. :-(
Ahhh, yes.  I'm sorry about your delay, but I hope you manage to get there today without more trouble.

I normally plan everything at the start of the year, and fly in Tuesday afternoon.  I wasn't going this year, but at the last moment, things worked out and I'd rather go, even with sub-optimal flight times, than miss Gen Con 2019 altogether.

Safe travels from Newark; have a wonderful time at Gen Con 2019.  Bummer you're on the other side of the country.  From what I can tell from your other posts, it'd be great to game with you.  Cheers,

Posted by whisper721

Im heading out in a few hrs.. have last minute work stuff to handle.......!!!!!!!!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Finally got in Wed night after 2.5 hours of delays.  Don’t care, I’m here, and had a great first day.

Posted by roderick

Glad you made it, Buffy!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.