2020 VIG
Posted by chelledg

I thought it was around this time that the VIG lottery process starts...any info yet?

Posted by inazuma99

I have a reminder in my calendar for this same thing!

Posted by andrewj.rager

VIG entry starts November 15th through December 8th. That day I plan on having a video on my YouTube channel, Rolling With Roc on how to enter and what to expect.

Posted by inazuma99 andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
VIG entry starts November 15th through December 8th. That day I plan on having a video on my YouTube channel, Rolling With Roc on how to enter and what to expect.
Wonderful, thanks for the helpful info. I just had in my brain "November" but didn't remember the specific dates.

Posted by mikeboozer

To enter the random selection process for the 2020 show please send your Gen Con ID number, name, and the email associated with that account between November 15 and December 8, 2019 to [email protected] and we will enter you into the random selection process.

You must have an active Gen Con account to enter.

You must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.

We will be conducting the random selection in early January of 2020.You will be contacted if you are selected with further instructions at that time. Do to the high volume of entries you will not be contacted if you are not selected!

Separate accounts must send their information via their account only. We will not accept multiple accounts sent via a single email. Account holder must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.

If you have questions about the program, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Last year's program details can be found here:
https://www.gencon.com/attend/VIG

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

Other than the early access to hotel rooms, what makes this worthwhile?

It's more than a $500 premium on a regular 4 day ticket.  Is this just one of those things where if you've got the money then you don't care?

Posted by mikeboozer nascragman

nascragman wrote:
Other than the early access to hotel rooms, what makes this worthwhile?
It's more than a $500 premium on a regular 4 day ticket.  Is this just one of those things where if you've got the money then you don't care?

Please read what the program offers here:
https://www.gencon.com/attend/VIG

Posted by andrewj.rager

Also check out my video on Rolling With Roc on Youtube for a description of the program. Plus a video will be out on Friday on how to enter the lottery!

Gen Con VIG Experience - Rolling With Roc Gaming

Posted by andrewj.rager

Hi all! Just posted my How to enter the Gen Con VIG lottery video. Also by subscribing to my channel and leaving a comment you can get entered to win a copy of the Modular Board for Scythe by Stonemaier Games.

How To Enter Gen Con VIG Lottery + Win Scythe Modular Board

Posted by mikeboozer

Update:

There is only one entry per person. If you have two accounts in our system (You should have them merged) you cannot enter twice.

Please do not send more then one email to us. You do not get more then one entry by doing this and you run the risk of having them all deleted.

Additionally, please send the email to enter from the email address for your Gen Con account!

Managing expectations since 2015...

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager (VIG wrangler)
Gen Con LLC

Posted by andrewj.rager

I have added these points to the description of the video.

Mike what is the best way to get in contact with your social media coordinator? I would love to be able to work with them on signal boosting this video.

Thanks,

Posted by flyingconcrete

Entered!  I assume that the https://www.gencon.com/attend/VIG content updates a bit before the selection process?

Posted by mikeboozer flyingconcrete

flyingconcrete wrote:
Entered!  I assume that the https://www.gencon.com/attend/VIG content updates a bit before the selection process?

It will!

Posted by quarex nascragman

nascragman wrote:Other than the early access to hotel rooms, what makes this worthwhile?
I mean, what more do you need?  Particularly now that the price of out-of-block rooms is getting high enough that you may actually be profiting by being a VIG (in the sense that you also get swag and pay about the same price overall for a downtown room).

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.