Tuesday night gaming?
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Posted by pshep999

Will be checking in to my hotel Tuesday afternoon. Would love to game Tues afternoon/night or both! Get the party started early ya know? Anyone willing to run something somewhere?

Posted by deltafox65

Will you be limited to the downtown area or will you have transportation to other areas of Indianapolis.  I usually game at Family Time Games on Tuesdays and more than happy to have more people playing games there. 

Posted by helenbb

My husband often likes to do escape rooms on Tuesday night (at the place above the Old Spaghetti Factory). If people want to get a group together, then you could all book at the same time. 

Posted by andrewj.rager helenbb

helenbb wrote:
My husband often likes to do escape rooms on Tuesday night (at the place above the Old Spaghetti Factory). If people want to get a group together, then you could all book at the same time. 
That is a good idea. I just looked it up and looks like you can't book more than 6 months out. Do you book on their website or through Gen Con. I know Gen Con Events offer Escape rooms, but I never signed up for one as they go pretty quick and I'm not sure if its the same.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

For something Tuesday, you'd have to book directly with the Escape Room.  Gen Con does not sell tickets for events on Tuesday.

Posted by helenbb

Yes, it's the same place that offers events during GenCon. My husband likes to do them before the con starts, so that he can enjoy other things during the con. (ETA... multiple places offer escape rooms during GenCon; this is only one of them).

He usually books directly on the website at 5-6 months out. If people are interested, we could get a list together, and then message everyone when it's time to book. People could then all book individually, so that everyone pays and confirms on their own. There's usually not a lot of competition for Tuesday night, especially that far in advance. 

Posted by andrewj.rager

I think this would be a lot of fun. Sadly we get in on Wednesday and I'm sure its a lot busier then. But I might see if I can schedule it early enough to when people aren't thinking about it yet.

Posted by pshep999 deltafox65

deltafox65 wrote:
Will you be limited to the downtown area or will you have transportation to other areas of Indianapolis.  I usually game at Family Time Games on Tuesdays and more than happy to have more people playing games there. 
I will be driving my own vehicle there so I won’t be limited on transportation. That def might be an option. 

Posted by dranthor

I will be checking in on tuesday this year and would love to do something tuesday night. I would be willing to run something or alternatively play something. I'm not intersted in escape rooms done those multiple times. 

Posted by pshep999 dranthor

dranthor wrote:
I will be checking in on tuesday this year and would love to do something tuesday night. I would be willing to run something or alternatively play something. I'm not intersted in escape rooms done those multiple times. 
Yeah same here, I love Escape Rooms but have done them many times. Keep me posted. We could game in a hotel lobby practically anywhere or even at the ICC at a table. Or the was a place that someone posted called Family Time Games. I’m down for whatev. Let me know what/if you would be willing to run.

Posted by dranthor

I've been running things for 20 years through multiple systems. Give me an idea of what you would like ran and I'll work something up.  I don't do magic or other card games but I do board games also and could bring one or two of them if interested in board games.  Fantasy, furure, modern RPGs   I can do.  I typically don't run D&D 5th edition. I
m not really a fan of it. I can run pathfinder/starfinder, star wars, star trek, space opera, spacemaster/harp scifi modern d20 system, top secret, hero champions, earth dawn, rolemaster/harp fantasy, pathfinder, dragon age, fantasy age.  I think that is a good number of choices let me know what you like and I'll work it up.   If it is another system you are interested let me know that also and I'll let you know if I'm comfortable in running it. 
If anyone else is interested in running then we could have 2 different games tuesday night.

Posted by pshep999 dranthor

dranthor wrote:
I've been running things for 20 years through multiple systems. Give me an idea of what you would like ran and I'll work something up.  I don't do magic or other card games but I do board games also and could bring one or two of them if interested in board games.  Fantasy, furure, modern RPGs   I can do.  I typically don't run D&D 5th edition. I
m not really a fan of it. I can run pathfinder/starfinder, star wars, star trek, space opera, spacemaster/harp scifi modern d20 system, top secret, hero champions, earth dawn, rolemaster/harp fantasy, pathfinder, dragon age, fantasy age.  I think that is a good number of choices let me know what you like and I'll work it up.   If it is another system you are interested let me know that also and I'll let you know if I'm comfortable in running it. 
If anyone else is interested in running then we could have 2 different games tuesday night.
Oh wow awesome thank you. Wide range of choices for sure. Will think about what sounds good and get back with you. What time will you be in Tuesday? What do you enjoy running the most? 

Posted by kittypaws

I mapped it and family time games isn't too far away from our air b&b, about 20 minutes. It's our first year going and pregaming sounds fantastic!

Posted by loon

So Tuesday really is the new Wednesday :)

Posted by shibas

I wonder what will happen with Wednesday games that used to happen at Scotty's. That place was usually filled with Pathfinder and a few other things during the day.

Posted by pshep999 deltafox65

deltafox65 wrote:
What time do ppl usually start gaming at Family Time on Tuesdays? 

Posted by pshep999 loon

loon wrote:
Haha Wednesdays are almost my fave day because there is not a lot of ppl to try and navigate through and crazy crowds and maybe we can start a new tradition making Tuesday a good gaming day as well. 

Posted by andrewj.rager

Wednesday always feels special as the excitement is at its highest. Everyone is so happy to be there. Nobody is tired yet, hopefully. Some of my best experiences of Gen Con have come on Wednesday.

Posted by sockarang loon

loon wrote:
Tuesday WAS the new Wednesday. Monday is actually the new Wednesday now. 

Posted by kittypaws sockarang

sockarang wrote:
loon wrote:
Tuesday WAS the new Wednesday. Monday is actually the new Wednesday now. 
So your telling me that Sunday is the new Monday that was the new Tuesday that was the new Wednesday!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5