Tuesday night gaming?
1 2 3 5 7
1 2 3 5 7
Posted by bakermouse10133 eingellis

eingellis wrote:
Could we also go to a LGS and use their tables?  And patronize them, of course.
Family Time Games has a LARGE gaming space 15 tables or so, plus they sell soda and snacks and  you can bring in food. 

Posted by deltafox65

I'm local and definitely will be going to Family Time Games the Tuesday night before Gen Con after I get off work to start my official Gen CON gaming.  If anyone needs a ride up that way from downtown hotels or any hotels on the west side I am more than happy to carpool and have space for three riders.  Was planning on just playing some board and card games myself but the space has room for any open gaming at all.  But if enough people show interest in an RPG that needs a player I am always game.  Also I do keep a Ravenloft module Called "the Created" with me that I am always happy and eager to run as a one shot.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

There's a gaming store about 5 minutes from the ICC.  I know they were posting here & on FB about welcoming Gen Con attendees, and even opening Monday after the Con for people who are leaving later on Monday.

They might have some spaces for gaming, and they're not a drive away.

Posted by squirecam

There is Good Games downtown. 112 S Meridian. Was that the store you were referring to?

Yes, here's the owner's post about the store.  I don't know what their hours are, but might be worth contacting them:

https://www.gencon.com/forums/40-general-info-2019/topics/15490-downtown-indy-game-store

Posted by thewildferret buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Yes, here's the owner's post about the store.  I don't know what their hours are, but might be worth contacting them:
https://www.gencon.com/forums/40-general-info-2019/topics/15490-downtown-indy-game-store
Tuesday shows they are only open until 6pm. So would definitely need to reach out to them. 

Odd, the link to her post routes back to this one, and I can't find the post now.

Posted by pshep999

Ok so I called Good Games and spoke to Tiffani. She said we could have a table on Tuesday til 9 or 10 pm. I told her we would decide soon and let her know for sure. 

Excellent.  Unfortunately I won't be getting in until around 1am on Wednesday, so I can't join in the Tuesday night reindeer games. :-(

Posted by dranthor

I'm willing to go where we can play but I am limited in walking for much distance. I will have a scooter but if it is too far it would tax the battery is my concern. Oh and I'm a she not a he... hehe

Posted by pshep999 dranthor

dranthor wrote:
I'm willing to go where we can play but I am limited in walking for much distance. I will have a scooter but if it is too far it would tax the battery is my concern. Oh and I'm a she not a he... hehe
Good Games is 0.4 mi or 8 min walk pretty much straight east down Maryland St. I could pick you up and give you a lift also if needed. I’m sure between all of us we can make it work. Seems like this is a good option of a place. Nice and centrally locates to the ICC and downtown. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer dranthor

dranthor wrote:I'm willing to go where we can play but I am limited in walking for much distance. I will have a scooter but if it is too far it would tax the battery is my concern. Oh and I'm a she not a he... hehe

The distance from the north-east corner of the ICC to Good Games is about the same distance as going from one end of the ICC to another, and less than going to LOS.  Hope you get a good charge on the scooter just to get around the con.

Map to Good Games

Posted by eingellis pshep999

pshep999 wrote:
Ok so I called Good Games and spoke to Tiffani. She said we could have a table on Tuesday til 9 or 10 pm. I told her we would decide soon and let her know for sure. 
Nice!  They look like they have decent space.  I'll prolly drop in Tuesday afternoon regardless to see if I can get some gaming in.  If you guys are there even better!

Posted by thewildferret

Okay excellent, I will plan to hit Good Games on Tuesday afternoon and then see how the winds are blowing on Wednesday. I'm staying in an apartment so will have to uber in regardless of location we play at so I'm good with where ever.

Posted by kiyote

To the original question of the thread: Inevitably my group ends up playing a bunch of games in The Velocity Lounge at the JW Marriott.   Don't be afraid to ask to join if you're in the area!

Posted by thewildferret kiyote

kiyote wrote:
To the original question of the thread: Inevitably my group ends up playing a bunch of games in The Velocity Lounge at the JW Marriott.   Don't be afraid to ask to join if you're in the area!

Which floor is that on?

Posted by kiyote

It's just off the lobby.  We like it because the staff are very accepting of people gaming until the wee hours, tasty food and a decent beer selection.

Posted by dranthor

Sounds like playing at the store is going to be the best Idea. A ride would be nice from Marriott only because I'm going to have my computer with me to make things easier for the game.
Send me a private PM and I'll give you my cell so we can contact each other eaiser.

Posted by pshep999 dranthor

dranthor wrote:
Sounds like playing at the store is going to be the best Idea. A ride would be nice from Marriott only because I'm going to have my computer with me to make things easier for the game.
Send me a private PM and I'll give you my cell so we can contact each other eaiser.

Just sent it hopefully it works. I assume I was correct by going to the My Messages section and sending it. I will call them today and inform them we def want a table. 

Posted by pshep999 kiyote

kiyote wrote:
Sounds awesome! Might come check in with you guys after we leave the LGS after 10p or so Tuesday night.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5 7
1 2 3 5 7