No Paizo events yet?
Posted by buffythecatslayer

I was looking for Pathfinder 2nd Ed, and it seems like there are no events for it yet.  It seems like Paizo hasn't posted anything yet.  Were they late posting their events last year?

Posted by scarykavu

They are late every year. They get later year by year. I think they like to get PaizoCon out of the way first.

Posted by hendelbolaf

Like scarykavu said they are perennially late in getting their huge drop of events into Gen Con. However, they always get them in before event registration goes live.

Posted by twilightknight

Are you a Gen Con employee? How do you know it’s Paizo’s fault. My information is that the schedule of events for Pathfinder and Starfinder organized play were submitted on time and that it’s the convention’s Fault why there is a delay. I am primarily a Pathfinder player and it aggravates me that every year we have to wait two to three days to see our events. In the meantime, players are filling their wishlists with other games resulting in lost ticket sales for Paizo and increasing the chances some of the games won’t have enough players and get cancelled. I would love to hear from an actual Gen Con administer regarding this issue.

Posted by scarykavu

I just find it strange that as a principle sponsor, the Paizo events are not given more priority. Just trying to plan a schedule and coordinate it with the 8 other people we having going as a group this year.

Posted by mikeboozer twilightknight

twilightknight wrote:
Are you a Gen Con employee? How do you know it’s Paizo’s fault. My information is that the schedule of events for Pathfinder and Starfinder organized play were submitted on time and that it’s the convention’s Fault why there is a delay. I am primarily a Pathfinder player and it aggravates me that every year we have to wait two to three days to see our events. In the meantime, players are filling their wishlists with other games resulting in lost ticket sales for Paizo and increasing the chances some of the games won’t have enough players and get cancelled. I would love to hear from an actual Gen Con administer regarding this issue.

You are misinformed. The deadline was not met in this case.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by acidix mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
twilightknight wrote:

You are misinformed. The deadline was not met in this case.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

To be fair, they've not been in the catalog on release day in the last few years IIRC.  It is not a big deal though.  Wish lists are editable until you submit them.  I throw everything that sounds good into the wish list and then reorder on the Friday or Saturday before the registration day.  I'm more likely to lose a paizo event to the RNG of processing than to them having added it late.  

Posted by lehane

To my understanding the events’ times haven’t changed over the past couple of years.  I just leave a time block open based on the past schedule then decide which module based on what is offered in the time slot I have planned. 

Posted by donaldbain lehane

lehane wrote:
To my understanding the events’ times haven’t changed over the past couple of years.  I just leave a time block open based on the past schedule then decide which module based on what is offered in the time slot I have planned. 
Second edition coming out may put a kink in planning like that.

Posted by sadronmeldir mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
twilightknight wrote:

You are misinformed. The deadline was not met in this case.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Mike, thank you for adding clarity and for the team as a whole in putting so much work into the event list!

Fully appreciating these things take time, can we get any sense of when these events will go live? Or at the very least, a confirmation the events will be listed at a minimum a day prior to event registration going live?

Posted by david campbell

I found this on the Paizo site if it help for planning:A few highlight events:

• Thursday, 8:00 PM—a large scale seating of Pathfinder Society (2nd edition) #1-00: Origin of the Open Road
  • Friday, 8:00 PM—Starfinder Society #2-00: Fate of the Scoured God
  • Saturday 8:00 PM—Pathfinder Society #10-98: Siege of Gallowspire

Posted by trace_sl

If it helps, check the 'changes' page daily on the EVENT DATABSE.   http://gencon.eventdb.us/changeList.php

Posted by lehane donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
lehane wrote:
Second edition coming out may put a kink in planning like that.
Without the Paizo events being out that is as good as it will get. 

Posted by hendelbolaf

Paizo has made the deadline every year for the past several years. I know because I have signed up for their events at the time that events went live for the past four years. I knew it was Paizo because they have said that they were late in getting the events in on time.

Trust them, however, that they will be there...

Posted by twilightknight

Okay, even if they were a little late its been nearly a week since the catalog went live. Now it just looks like pettiness or Gen Con is intentionally punishing them for being late. When are the events going to be visible? For a company who has paid a premium to be a show sponsor its seems pretty bad service to hold their events hostage for this long.

The Adventurer League events we're visible on opening day, which presumably means they missed a deadline as well, yet their events are now visible.

Posted by lehane twilightknight

twilightknight wrote:
Okay, even if they were a little late its been nearly a week since the catalog went live. Now it just looks like pettiness or Gen Con is intentionally punishing them for being late. When are the events going to be visible? For a company who has paid a premium to be a show sponsor its seems pretty bad service to hold their events hostage for this long.
The Adventurer League events we're visible on opening day, which presumably means they missed a deadline as well, yet their events are now visible.
I doubt it is Gencon being petty or trying to punish one of their sponsors. 

It is not like Gencon has a lot to figure out for where and when to do the Paizo events. They just hand them the ballroom for the entire convention. 

Also event submissions begin in January and it is now May. Clearly the issue is with Paizo not Gencon. 

Posted by donaldbain twilightknight

twilightknight wrote:
Okay, even if they were a little late its been nearly a week since the catalog went live. Now it just looks like pettiness or Gen Con is intentionally punishing them for being late.
You are assuming that the events were submitted shortly after the deadline.  They may have not been submitted as of now.  And there is no telling what is actually involved in going from submission to posting.  Do they just upload a spread sheet or does each event need to be checked and manually entered?  Gen Con wants the events, Paizo wants the events to be there.  Relax.

Posted by twilightknight

I have a little more access than the average person and my information is that the data was entered well prior to registration opening. While it is possible they may have missed some advanced date, there is really no reason why this couldn’t have been resolved by now. 

Posted by sutekh-1 twilightknight

twilightknight wrote:

No they are not - Baldman AL events are not yet posted. There are some AL events run by individuals but the main AL events Baldman Games run, such as the AL D&D Experience and new AL Saltmarsh modules, are not listed yet. There is another post next to this one discussing the AL grid of events that you may have missed. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

In the meantime, players are filling their wishlists with other games resulting in lost ticket sales for Paizo and increasing the chances some of the games won’t have enough players and get cancelled. 

That's nonsense.  No tickets have been sold yet, so there is no loss for anyone.  As long as the events get posted by next Saturday (giving people time to muck around with their schedules), people can pick the Paizo events and remove the others.  Even if they post the events after registration begins, people can freely delete & replace events up until June 16, as long as they return the tickets for system credit.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.