Classic Event View
Posted by hahnarama

Another year, another crappy interface. Another year of me being the first to ask for the link to the classic event view 

Posted by tdb

I'll second the request.  Sure would be nice to be able to filter by day and event type.  This new interface is nearly useless.

Posted by jillemoody

Click the T next to the search box at the top of the page. That gives you the ability to filter by Category, Game, Day, Time, and Host.

They need to highlight that feature.

Posted by bugwar

https://gencon.eventdb.us/dayTimeList.php

Posted by hendelbolaf

Why must we go through this each year. You can use the filters by clicking on the top left icon. Sorry, but there were complaints of this last year and it was really the same as previous years with the filter options...

Posted by eldrad12000 hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
Why must we go through this each year. You can use the filters by clicking on the top left icon. Sorry, but there were complaints of this last year and it was really the same as previous years with the filter options...
  The search options that drop down in the top left are crap. People want to be able to filter by hours, days, specfic event types. Aka larps, Board games etc. It's a problem still. The filter's are not good enough.

Posted by hendelbolaf

You do realize that you can filter by Category, Game, Day, Time, and Host and that is not enough? Then you can use the search options to filter by sold out, age categories, and experience.

You are using the icon with the white nail like object in a red field underneath the cog for search options, right? Two separate means of searching...

Posted by trace_sl

The event data base (as Bugwar) said makes it easier.  it connects to your wish list and google calendar.  You can even see changes daily.  

Posted by buffythecatslayer

They need to add 3 additional filter items: Tickets available, location & duration.  I found that last year, after my schedule was completed, I was looking for events that would fit a hole in my schedule, and wanted to quickly be able to find something to do, especially if it was close by another event I had.

Posted by hahnarama hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
The bigger question is why must you come here and "**censored** all over my parade?"  I get it you like the current search interface. 

The old UI was not broke so WHY change it? and if 3rd Party Developers can create a BETTER search option than the official one then you have to ask maybe you need to roll it back

Peace out...game on 

Posted by hendelbolaf

I did nothing to your parade, I don't see a difference in searching over the last five years or so was my point. I am sure from all the posts that not everyone agrees with me and that is fine. In the end it is up to Gen Con to make that call.

Maybe those that are upset with it should take their complaints directly to Gen Con and maybe many have. If the groundswell against the current format is large enough, I think Gen Con would look into the situation.

Other than that, I hope you and everyone else has a good day and look forward to the convention!

Posted by linkgannon

Shameless plug incoming, but I actually feel very much the same way about the interface, so a couple years back I made a piece of software for myself to help me do my planning, and I just so happened to release a new version of it today; feel free to check it out here: https://www.gencon.com/forums/41-events-2019/topics/14895-gen-con-event-planner-v3-is-now-live

I know it may not be for everyone, but it helps me immensely with organizing my own events :)

Posted by roderick

hahnarama: Please note that this is a G-rated forum, so profanity is not allowed. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Posted by hahnarama roderick

roderick wrote:
hahnarama: Please note that this is a G-rated forum, so profanity is not allowed. 
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 
Well Frak me I didn't know 

Posted by eldrad12000 hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
You do realize that you can filter by Category, Game, Day, Time, and Host and that is not enough? Then you can use the search options to filter by sold out, age categories, and experience.
You are using the icon with the white nail like object in a red field underneath the cog for search options, right? Two separate means of searching...
Alright, I will admit. I did not actually know that was a thing. I thought the little cog was the only way to search. I remove my objection and complaint.

Posted by roderick hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Not a problem, "Not knowing" is allowed (but, of course, now you know...). 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey roderick

roderick wrote:
hahnarama wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Not a problem, "Not knowing" is allowed (but, of course, now you know...). Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 
and knowing is part of the battle.  Some percentage of the battle. At least one third of the battle 

Posted by eingellis yog-sothoth in jersey

yog-sothoth in jersey wrote:
and knowing is part of the battle.  Some percentage of the battle. At least one third of the battle 

I think it depends on the battle.  Considering you're Yog-Sothoth, it's probably more of the battle and that's what you want us to think.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.