The "Where Are YOU Staying" Thread
1 3
1 3
Posted by andrewj.rager buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
If you're bringing a car, don't use the hotel parking.  Gate10 is the best option, if you don't mind having your car a half-mile away.  They have shuttles to/from the ICC all the time, and you can enter/exit from the lots 24 hours a day.
We pay for the parking under the hotel. We like our car under a roof, also we buy a lot at Gen Con and hauling that to and from offsite lots is not worth the cost savings for us, but as they say YMMV.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

We pay for the parking under the hotel. We like our car under a roof, also we buy a lot at Gen Con and hauling that to and from offsite lots is not worth the cost savings for us, but as they say YMMV. 

Well, you listed it as a "con", so I was providing an alternative.  If you have a connected room, why store stuff in your car?

Posted by andrewj.rager buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

Well, you listed it as a "con", so I was providing an alternative.  If you have a connected room, why store stuff in your car?

Sorry if that was unclear. I listed it as a con for prospective travel goers. Not just for myself, as I said we don't mind.

We do not store stuff in our car, but taking it all to the car at the end of the con is already an ordeal. We literally pack the truck full of a midsize sedan. Pretty sure we had 2 oversized bags of games and at least another 5-10 CSI sized bags. We buy a lot.

I think its good you put an alternative out there for people.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3