When is the event schedule available
Posted by ladye rfsullivan

rfsullivan wrote:
There have been a few updates over on the general thread. NASCRAG is out (and to quote their Facebook, "see you when there's a vaccine", so 2021 is up in the air as well). True Dungeon is in limbo, due to the Illinois stay-at-home order. Others no doubt will have issues depending on how much of their crews are either high risk themselves, or have high risk folks in their households. 

Or able to travel to the US. I've played with groups from outside the US.

Posted by stahlnee

Looking forward to seeing the event catalog.

Posted by lore seeker

Just in case anyone missed the news (understandable, since they haven't changed the date in the sidebar as of 3 p.m. Eastern Time on April 30):

"While we evaluate safety measures related to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, both the release of the event catalog and the opening of event registration will be delayed. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We will update our community with the measures we are taking to keep everyone safe and healthy in the coming weeks."

Posted by stahlnee

With the delay maybe they can make all the event tickets electronic to mitigation a reduce timeline between event registration and mailing of badges and hardcopy event tickets.

Posted by bushmaster stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
With the delay maybe they can make all the event tickets electronic to mitigation a reduce timeline between event registration and mailing of badges and hardcopy event tickets.
There is a whole host of problems forcing all events to electronic.  I don't think the IT infrastructure is in place to handle the demand.

Posted by roganca bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
stahlnee wrote:
There is a whole host of problems forcing all events to electronic.  I don't think the IT infrastructure is in place to handle the demand.
The demand may not be that great. This will inevitably be a limited Con, maybe the perfect opportunity to demo the switchover to electronic tickets.

Posted by stahlnee

Should be all electronic including remote badge scanners to pass into exhibit hall and thru underpass to the stadium. No need to have security choke traffic to less than 6 foot distance.

Posted by tinabear81

The changes you are talking about take time, money, and reliable internet, which is a problem in some buildings. The changes are being phased in gradually. E-tickets become more common every year. Unless GenCon provides scanners to every gm and places scanners at the entrance to every game room, they are dependent on every gm and persons monitoring the gaming room/exhibit halls to have smartphones capable of running their scanning app. They also require attendees to have smartphones capable of storing the tickets and badge. 

Posted by stahlnee

It would unless folks want to be in shaking hands distance of one another and handling paper that pass through hand(s).

Other conventions have already gone to a similar setup where all tickets to events are electronic.

Posted by polski2020 stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the event catalog.
So will I and thousands of others!  ;P

Posted by hendelbolaf

As a very small event organizer, like two to three games tops for 6 to 10 players each, I would prefer the old fashioned ticket system. I have enough to concern myself with not to have to worry will my phone have battery life and will i get a signal inside whatever room the powers that be decide to put me.

So electronic tickets are not full proof, unless you are saying that once someone buys a ticket for my events and the event starts that I have to do nothing and I get credit whether or not they show up, then I am okay with that. That will not, however, handle the issue of generics and walk-ups as I always get a few of those each year as well.

Posted by cstara4

Can you make the event list downloadable in Excel?  Much easier to sort and filter.

Posted by erictfogle

Will anyone put Fantasy Grounds in as a platform before Monday?

Posted by wavester

We have some DM's running D&D games in Fantasy Grounds. Hopefully they show before Monday.

Posted by erictfogle

Thank you for the quick response

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.