Having a great time!
Normal
Small
Posted by urielblue

As I just posted for my FB feed.

I've played 4 different games so far, 5 sessions total. I've rescued friends from mutant cultists in a post-Apocalyptic wasteland (With my trusty Mangy Dog companion), fought demonically possessed farm animals, almost leaped from a cliff to my death due to a harpy's song, and tracked that dread book The King in Yellow across 1895 Paris, narrowly avoiding madness. Tomorrow, I enter Maximum Apocalypse again, then play a sentient Psychic alien Mantis Shrimp upon a distant world, and then in an improved 'Who's line Is It Anyways?' style 40 person All Flesh Must Be Eaten (Zombies) game. Seriously, RPG friends..what else areyou doing ? Most games are 2 bucks. I've already played more game than 75% of my Gencon trips the last 5 years, and it's only Friday night. Reg for the con is free. and as I said...2 bucks/game...Unless you insist on playing 5E D&D, and seriously...*Not* playing that was my only rule for myself this weekend.

Played so far;
Thursday - Zweihander, The Yellow King
Friday - Shadow of the Demon Lord, Maximum Apocalypse, Zweihander

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Sounds like a great time!

Normal
Small
Posted by urielblue

Th be clear, I'm not disparaging D&D5E, I play it, and enjoy it, but my goal was to play all new games this weekend.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

That is absolutely, perfectly OK. Conventions are a great place/time to try new games to see if they appeal to you, or just to take a break from whatever you normally play. That is one of their purposes. 

Normal
Small
Posted by nscott

I've really impressed by what was put together in what... 9-10 weeks. I'm enjoying it! Doing a number of things that I probably wouldn't have done in person.

Normal
Small
Posted by qwaserity

IF you haven't had a chance, check out the games being demoed in the First Exposure Playtest Hall. The games are free and they are in various levels of development.

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester urielblue

urielblue wrote:
Th be clear, I'm not disparaging D&D5E, I play it, and enjoy it, but my goal was to play all new games this weekend.

We missed you (but I totally get it) - Finding 5E to play is like finding bread at the store at 6pm on a Tuesday - play all the other fun stuff that is a lot harder to find.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.