Official Gen Con specific only Coronavirus thread
( Locked)
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
Posted by matthias9 trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:
Feels like waiting for Carousel and my life crystal to turn red.  Beware the Sandman.  

I appreciate this comment.  We need more like this.

Posted by squirecam matthias9

matthias9 wrote:

A statement 5 days old at this point is as good as nothing. Things are literally worsening by the day. Northern California is now on lockdown. Pennsylvania is shut down. We had our largest death rate increase yesterday.Grocery stores are packed in my area. It's like a zoo. No one is practicing social distancing. It's clear people are going to have to be forced.

So you have canceled your badge and hotel then, right?
I don’t think badges should be cancelled. If Gencon doesn’t happen, I would want system credit. So that at least Gencon gets some income to help them survive. I hope they also had convention cancellation insurance as I posted about earlier. 

Posted by lehane squirecam

[This post has been removed]

Posted by mikeboozer

Removed the above post:

We understand that this is a stressful time and that you are concerned about what is going on all over the world.
You have many places to discuss what should or should not be done by the governments.

This is however a Gen Con specific board. You have many social media outlets to post on concerning this so please keep the topic to Gen Con specific plans as it relates to the topic. Not a discussion about what they (the government) should or should not be doing.

Policies coming out of the state of Indiana, the CDC are fine.

Our potion has not changed:

At this time, we do not anticipate a cancellation or alteration of our plans for Gen Con 2020. Should our plans change based on recommendations from the CDC or the State of Indiana, we will promptly inform our attendees.

We feel it is good to have a discussion and to share your points of view on the convention, but we will not tolerate deviation from the topic. We want to keep this topic open.

We will ban without warning further disruptive posters.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by geezer

In all of this, I wonder how the Gen Con staff and friends are doing in Seattle.  How many staff do you have and are you OK?

Posted by mikeboozer geezer

geezer wrote:
In all of this, I wonder how the Gen Con staff and friends are doing in Seattle.  How many staff do you have and are you OK?

We are taking care of ourselves I can assure you. We have 14 full time staff. As you can imagine we are really busy!
We are working hard planning the convention and everything that entails right now. 

Thanks for your concern. It is greatly appreciated. We want all of you to take care of yourselves as well!

Mike

Posted by tinabear81 roderick

roderick wrote:
Guys, this is on a slippery slope towards Politics. Rein it in, please.
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 
Anything in my last post that I need to edit out or amend?

Posted by mikeboozer tinabear81

tinabear81 wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Let's just be cognizant of our posts going forward please.

Posted by tinabear81 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
tinabear81 wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Let's just be cognizant of our posts going forward please.
Thanks for the warnings instead of nuking the thread.

Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey

I like turtles

Posted by squirecam mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
geezer wrote:

We are taking care of ourselves I can assure you. We have 14 full time staff. As you can imagine we are really busy!
We are working hard planning the convention and everything that entails right now. Thanks for your concern. It is greatly appreciated. We want all of you to take care of yourselves as well!
Mike

We want all of you to be safe. Not only are you dealing with Seattle and the outbreak there, but you must plan for a convention not knowing the entire landscape.

If the convention does go forward, will Gencon have some sort of social distance policy? Obviously, that can be difficult, but I’m thinking the dealer hall mass rush should be stopped at least....

Posted by buffythecatslayer

If the convention does go forward, will Gencon have some sort of social distance policy? Obviously, that can be difficult, but I’m thinking the dealer hall mass rush should be stopped at least....

There's no way that could work.  How do you determine who goes first?  Any solution would annoy anyone who's not in the first bunch.

Anyway, the Hall and the game rooms will fill eventually; we're all going to be breathing each other's germs ;-)

Posted by squirecam buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

There's no way that could work.  How do you determine who goes first?  Any solution would annoy anyone who's not in the first bunch.Anyway, the Hall and the game rooms will fill eventually; we're all going to be breathing each other's germs ;-)

You will have to make an orderly line. And only open one door for that line to go through. 

Posted by cmegus buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

There's no way that could work.  How do you determine who goes first?  Any solution would annoy anyone who's not in the first bunch.Anyway, the Hall and the game rooms will fill eventually; we're all going to be breathing each other's germs ;-)

This is exactly why, without a different approach, I put the odds of Gen Con being cancelled at 90% right now.

i hope I am wrong.

G

Posted by quarex

If Gen Con is cancelled, at least Gen Con 2021 will be the greatest Gen Con ever for sure

...oh no, Swine Flu 2................

wooo Gen Con 2022!!!

Posted by buffythecatslayer squirecam

Posted by urielblue mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Removed the above post:
We understand that this is a stressful time and that you are concerned about what is going on all over the world.
You have many places to discuss what should or should not be done by the governments.
This is however a Gen Con specific board. You have many social media outlets to post on concerning this so please keep the topic to Gen Con specific plans as it relates to the topic. Not a discussion about what they (the government) should or should not be doing.
Policies coming out of the state of Indiana, the CDC are fine.
Our potion has not changed:
At this time, we do not anticipate a cancellation or alteration of our plans for Gen Con 2020. Should our plans change based on recommendations from the CDC or the State of Indiana, we will promptly inform our attendees.
We feel it is good to have a discussion and to share your points of view on the convention, but we will not tolerate deviation from the topic. We want to keep this topic open.
We will ban without warning further disruptive posters.
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC
Your POTION has not changed? Hehehe, the Gencon Auto-Correct is on-point.

Posted by urielblue

Posted by aaronmlopez

At this point, I think all Coronavirus threads/posts should be locked or deleted. While discussion is a good thing, these threads just devolve into guesses and suppositions. Gen Con has made their official stance on their plans public and that should be all that is needed. When Gen Con changes their stance, then they can allow the inevitable threads of "Are we going to get refunds?", "How do I get my refund?", etc. Until then, the only thing I am concerned with is what Gen Con is saying officially.

Posted by burrfoot72

If Gen Con is cancelled I hope there is an option for those of us who can handle the strain and want to to not take a refund OR get system credit.  I would be okay with eating my badge cost this year and rebuying my badge for next year like always.  This is just me and would live it is an option.  Stay good everyone.  

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
1 2 3 5 7 8 9