Gencon 2021 4 Day Badge availability
Posted by bradmoviepro581

Does anyone know how many 4 day badges will be available for next year? I really want to go, but I'm concerned that I might not be able to because I don't know how many was rolled over from Gencon 2020.

Posted by brooks

I wouldn't worry about that at all. Everyone who rolled their 2020 badges over to next year would have most likely purchased 2021 badges anyway had there been a convention this year. Same pool of people, they just "bought" their badges a bit earlier than you will. 

Posted by matthias9

100% agree with what brooks said.  I'll just add a couple things.

How many badges next year?  Nothing has been announced.  But they sold about 70,000 last year.

I think they only ever sold out once or twice (50th anniversary in 2017) - and that was with only about a month to go.  Badges had been on sale for multiple months by then.  So, as long as you are making any effort to not press your luck, you should be ok.  Also, my own personal prediction would be that public health concerns (even if there is a vaccine) and economic downturn will make a lot of people choose to skip it.  I'd be surprised if they turned anyone away at all, but we'll see.

Perhaps what you are getting at, though, is whether they will be selling substantially fewer badges in order to accommodate social distancing concerns.  If that's your question, I think the answer is no one knows yet. 

Posted by mikeboozer

I will offer a bit of advice.

1. As soon as badge registration opens for 2021 I would by a badge.

2. I would (If possible) have that badge mailed to me. 

We do not know anything about our capacity at this time and given how Will Call may have to change due to social distancing and safety concerns it is much better for you to have your badge and tickets delivered to you before the show. 

Many things can and will change before we cross these bridges so this advice is only good as we look at things at this point.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
GenCon LLC

Posted by cmegus

Mike, when will the system reflect the fact that we “rolled over” our badges to next year?

And if by some chance we end up with VIP badges, will the system credit us for the difference in cost?

Thank you.

G
 

Posted by father bloodlust mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
I will offer a bit of advice.
1. As soon as badge registration opens for 2021 I would by a badge.
2. I would (If possible) have that badge mailed to me. 
We do not know anything about our capacity at this time and given how Will Call may have to change due to social distancing and safety concerns it is much better for you to have your badge and tickets delivered to you before the show. 
Many things can and will change before we cross these bridges so this advice is only good as we look at things at this point.
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
GenCon LLC

Thanks for the advice ahead of time.

Posted by mikeboozer cmegus

cmegus wrote:
Mike, when will the system reflect the fact that we “rolled over” our badges to next year?
And if by some chance we end up with VIP badges, will the system credit us for the difference in cost?
Thank you.
G
 

When we roll the site over to the 2021 show they will show up. That date has not been set.

If you are selected to be a VIG we will refund your 2021 badge in full so you can purchase the VIG badge.

Mike

Posted by cmegus

Thank you.

G
 

Posted by mollymolly

just buy a badge as soon as they are on sale.  why take a chance?

for all we know, the state will limit them to 25,000 or something.  a year is a long ways away.  a lot could happen.

Posted by father bloodlust mollymolly

mollymolly wrote:
just buy a badge as soon as they are on sale.  why take a chance?

Yep.

Which means that next year, badge registration day might be like hotel registration day used to be...

Posted by officerdg

I'm sure ill get tons of flack for this but like I have already said.  PLEASE  help save GenCon 2021 and abide by your states as well as federal guidelines for trying to reduce the stupid covid-19 numbers. Then just maybe we will be able to have a somewhat normal Gen Con. 

Posted by burrfoot72 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
I will offer a bit of advice.
1. As soon as badge registration opens for 2021 I would by a badge.
2. I would (If possible) have that badge mailed to me. 
We do not know anything about our capacity at this time and given how Will Call may have to change due to social distancing and safety concerns it is much better for you to have your badge and tickets delivered to you before the show. 
Many things can and will change before we cross these bridges so this advice is only good as we look at things at this point.
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
GenCon LLC
Mike,

Just curious, any kind of priority or early access to buying a badge for 2021 if you had one for 2020 but donated it to Gen Con and intended to rebuy for 2021?  Or should we just plan on buying early on day 1 of badge sales?  Thanks.
 

Posted by mikeboozer burrfoot72

burrfoot72 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
I will offer a bit of advice.
1. As soon as badge registration opens for 2021 I would by a badge.
2. I would (If possible) have that badge mailed to me. 
We do not know anything about our capacity at this time and given how Will Call may have to change due to social distancing and safety concerns it is much better for you to have your badge and tickets delivered to you before the show. 
Many things can and will change before we cross these bridges so this advice is only good as we look at things at this point.
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
GenCon LLC
Mike,Just curious, any kind of priority or early access to buying a badge for 2021 if you had one for 2020 but donated it to Gen Con and intended to rebuy for 2021?  Or should we just plan on buying early on day 1 of badge sales?  Thanks.
 

No priority  buying at this time. You should buy your badge as soon as possible. You bring up a good point about those who donated their badge. We can discuss it internally.

Mike

Posted by scarab_beetle mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
burrfoot72 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
I will offer a bit of advice.
1. As soon as badge registration opens for 2021 I would by a badge.
2. I would (If possible) have that badge mailed to me. 
We do not know anything about our capacity at this time and given how Will Call may have to change due to social distancing and safety concerns it is much better for you to have your badge and tickets delivered to you before the show. 
Many things can and will change before we cross these bridges so this advice is only good as we look at things at this point.
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
GenCon LLC
Mike,Just curious, any kind of priority or early access to buying a badge for 2021 if you had one for 2020 but donated it to Gen Con and intended to rebuy for 2021?  Or should we just plan on buying early on day 1 of badge sales?  Thanks.

No priority  buying at this time. You should buy your badge as soon as possible. You bring up a good point about those who donated their badge. We can discuss it internally.Mike

Thank you for bringing this up!  I was starting to freak out a little over the thought that donating my badge to Gen Con for 2020 might cost me my ability to attend 2021!

N.

Posted by burrfoot72 scarab_beetle

scarab_beetle wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
burrfoot72 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
I will offer a bit of advice.
1. As soon as badge registration opens for 2021 I would by a badge.
2. I would (If possible) have that badge mailed to me. 
We do not know anything about our capacity at this time and given how Will Call may have to change due to social distancing and safety concerns it is much better for you to have your badge and tickets delivered to you before the show. 
Many things can and will change before we cross these bridges so this advice is only good as we look at things at this point.
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
GenCon LLC
Mike,Just curious, any kind of priority or early access to buying a badge for 2021 if you had one for 2020 but donated it to Gen Con and intended to rebuy for 2021?  Or should we just plan on buying early on day 1 of badge sales?  Thanks.

No priority  buying at this time. You should buy your badge as soon as possible. You bring up a good point about those who donated their badge. We can discuss it internally.Mike

Thank you for bringing this up!  I was starting to freak out a little over the thought that donating my badge to Gen Con for 2020 might cost me my ability to attend 2021!N.
Not a problem and thank you Mike for the response.  I typically buy my badge within the first 24-48 hours anyways but it is good to know that I might have to be a little more diligent this year and buy in that first hour or two.  I'm good either way just wanted to know and have my ducks in a row.  

Posted by quarex

This thread certainly has me thinking I need to buy a badge again for the first time in ages, just in case regulations mean that the number of volunteer badges is reduced and I do not end up getting in that way as I usually do.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.