A Good "Sign"
Posted by kar8a

I'm ready to go to my 1st Gencon ever, even if I have to wear a mask for the whole thing:).  Outside under a tarp, ticketed access to the dealer hall, 10 ft between gaming tables...whatever needs to happen so we can be in Indy Aug 5-8 - I don't care:).  I just want to actually be there!

Posted by behotline

[This post has been removed]

Posted by technoir

heck yea brother! LETS GET THIS DONE!!! 

I plan on being there, so please get it done. My body gets weak even thinking about walking the halls :D

Posted by jetermi

[This post has been removed]

Posted by mikeboozer

Hello jetermi

Please read the topic and subsequent posts by me about it's intent.

If you have a question please start a topic. This topic is for positive signs.

Mike

Posted by noone

Off topic of vaccines but another good sign is today when I came to the website it said “congratulations you have a badge for 2021” I’m a vig so my badge may have been rolled over early because of that or my badge number is 260 something. Think.  It’s below 500.  Ok I accidentally hit my name.  Fat thumbs on an iPad. But the badges are rolling over

Posted by quarex

WOOO!

There, that is pretty positive

I am waiting on my first 1B vaccine; I do not exactly live somewhere that makes me optimistic about getting the dose soon, but I definitely have as good a shot as anyone I know of being fully vaccinated well before Gen-Con.  If there is no Auction this year I should probably volunteer for the convention proper instead (assuming they have need of volunteers).

Posted by malfakter

I got my 2nd shot four days ago.  I'm ecstatic to see more people doing the same.  Gen Con 2021 IN Indy!!!

Posted by bradleynoxon

With Johnson and Johnsons (one shot) vaccine being approved soon, flights requiring negative covid test for travel, and Fauci saying april is looking like "open season" for getting vaccinated I'm extremely confident that this years con will happen. My concern at this point is capacity and how much will it be impacted. 

Posted by grognard262

Here's a good sign:

Also:

"We'll Have Herd Immunity by April" - Dr. Marty Makary, John Hopkins (WSJ, paywall)

"We've probably got protective immunity in about 40% of the public, the spring and the summer will be relatively quiescent." - Dr. Scott Gottlieb, Former FDA Commissioner, Pfizer Board Member

Posted by traveller

Another good sign

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1yXeRnI-P-wcdOw06iGDdjkhqy0wGAZGMbg&usqp=CAU[/img]

This has been your moment of zen, now back to our discussions.  

Posted by technoir

A LOT of talk from scientists that they now expect everyone who wants a vaccine shot, should be able to get at least one before mid-May. This would be outstanding. 
Also that a single shot is doing much better than they expected, almost completely eliminating serve illness from the virus 

Posted by quarex

Agreed Technoir, it has been nice seeing 2021 coming through with a few unambiguously positive developments.  Considering the apparently huge percentage of people who are not willing to get vaccinated, yeah, I would be shocked if everyone willing to be vaccinated were not vaccinated in advance of the convention (I just saw a poll indicating it may be as high as 50% unwilling, which would blow away the ~20% I assumed when doing the math to figure we could still all be vaccinated by August)

I mean, that huge percentage is its own tragic issue, but you know.  There is always something.

Posted by mjlaba48

Hi I am ready for Gen Con I just got my second Covid vaccination shot so I’m clean to go. And have already booked my flights to Indianapolis over a month ago from Jacksonville Florida.  

Posted by technoir quarex

quarex wrote:
Agreed Technoir, it has been nice seeing 2021 coming through with a few unambiguously positive developments.  Considering the apparently huge percentage of people who are not willing to get vaccinated, yeah, I would be shocked if everyone willing to be vaccinated were not vaccinated in advance of the convention (I just saw a poll indicating it may be as high as 50% unwilling, which would blow away the ~20% I assumed when doing the math to figure we could still all be vaccinated by August)
I mean, that huge percentage is its own tragic issue, but you know.  There is always something.

50%?!?! WOW, that's just craziness. They really need to figure out a way to push this vaccine in a positive non-political way so people take this thing! 

Posted by traveller

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.