What Are you Looking foreward too?
Posted by whisper721

On the people-watching side... My Fav to see at the con are the teens / preteens that don't have $3000.00 to blow on an amazing 40k outfit... but make theirs using whatever they find and rep their fav anime... game.. etc...  It warms my heart when I see them just walking... talking .. having fun with friends or family.  Zero cares.. zero worries for 4 days.  These folks are the ones to shape the gaming future.. or keep alive the old games.

Posted by fethbone whisper721

whisper721 wrote:
On the people-watching side... My Fav to see at the con are the teens / preteens that don't have $3000.00 to blow on an amazing 40k outfit... but make theirs using whatever they find and rep their fav anime... game.. etc...  It warms my heart when I see them just walking... talking .. having fun with friends or family.  Zero cares.. zero worries for 4 days.  These folks are the ones to shape the gaming future.. or keep alive the old games.
Unfortunately most of them will be in school during gencon this year. 

looking forward to trying some new games, building my events list, and generally "doing Gencon" with my group as we have previously. I always try to do at least a couple "non-gencon" gencon events such as the beer tour or pedal-bar, and if those are back, i think they'll be even more popular this year.

The auction/consignment store will be missed though. :( 

And if things don't work out with Gencon, well, i guess i can look forward to attending my first colts game. 

Posted by smarty_213 aaronr

aaronr wrote:
whisper721 wrote:and looking fwd to the general feelin of being home for 4 days .

That is it for me (although closer to 6 days). I am looking forward to being around a huge amount of people who all share an interest in some of my favorite things. What games I will play, demo, or buy is up in the air but I am certain that I will have an amazing time because I will be amongst my people and after the past year that is enough to have me extremely excited.

Love this!

Posted by kevinrg

If my oldest was into Gencon, after a year and a half of no activities by the time Gencon rolls around, pretty sure if she wanted to miss a day of school to attend I'd be fine.   

Alas, she isn't into Gencon, but rather K-pop and Dad has already committed that the first concert that can be feasibly attended I'll take her to it.    *fingers crossed one is in Vegas*  

Posted by gazzag

This is my first year having a VIG package, so I’m looking forward to what nonsense that may bring. I’m also looking forward to playing new games, hanging out with friends and meeting new people.

Posted by triad1

Looking forward to anything RPG gaming at live Gen Con at this point.

Posted by fogel pens and creations

Crafting over 100 wands inspired by wizarding world is what I am looking forward to over the next month to bring to my first ever GenCon.  Then finishing up 50-60 more pens and my wooden 2 full size Vampire Hunters/Raiders to be ready for the Convention.  More than all that, seeing some old friends and making new acquaintances and hopefully many new clients

Posted by kellishaver

I'm looking forward to so many things:

- getting out of the house for a few days and just having some gaming with my husband
- the half-day road trip full of anticipation and excitement
- the feeling of walking into the ICC on Wednesday afternoon to pick up badges and seeing people milling around in anticipation of the next morning
- our Wednesday night tradition of sitting in the hotel room going through the program book and figuring out "must sees" in the vendor hall
- walking through the hall (even if the big companies aren't there) and discovering hidden treasures that we'd otherwise overlook
- that general happy atmosphere of everyone enjoying the shared experience of attending the con
- the pick-up gaming that happens in the evenings when things are quieter and more low-key

Posted by kd8esu

Just getting back around fellow gamers.
You all probably have SOME idea of what it's like being around people who may only be casual gamers at best; not the people that take days for a Con to game.

Also, local foods; we HAVE to keep that reputation for supporting local alive this year more-so than ever.  The past year killed a lot of them, the few that managed to survive need us and we have a reputation from the locals; it's important to keep it going.

Posted by eldrad12000

Just something more back to normal. Even if it isn't normal. Something closer to the way it used to be.

Posted by whisper721

I NEED TO BE WITH MY NERD FAMILY!!!!!

Posted by mikeptas

Playing games I haven't played.  Wandering the vendors.  Checking out the games in process.  Oh yeah, not being at work.

Posted by aaronmlopez

I am looking forward to seeing friends that I only see at Gen Con! I missed them all last year.

This is the first time in a few years that I am not working a booth or running games for someone, so I am also looking forward to just playing some games.

Here is what I want to play this year:
Alien RPG (Free League)

Deadlands: Weird West (Pinnacle Entertainment)

Talisman Adventures RPG (Pegasus Spiele)

One Ring 2e (Free League)

I am also looking forward to see the new (or even old) RPG and other tabletop games available. 

Posted by lore seeker aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
I am looking forward to seeing friends that I only see at Gen Con! I missed them all last year.
This is the first time in a few years that I am not working a booth or running games for someone, so I am also looking forward to just playing some games.
Here is what I want to play this year:
Alien RPG (Free League)
Deadlands: Weird West (Pinnacle Entertainment)
Talisman Adventures RPG (Pegasus Spiele)
One Ring 2e (Free League)
I am also looking forward to see the new (or even old) RPG and other tabletop games available. 

Alien RPG is a blast. Hoping to try out Deadlands myself.

Posted by elvinlord

I look forward to being among my fellow geeks and just the general  atmosphere. It's a proper geek party.

Posted by rhone1

Playing new games and going to Gen Con solo.

It's such a strange year that I am going solo and have decided to try as many new games as I can.

Posted by wootles whisper721

whisper721 wroteI'm ready to have my feet ache from all the walking, and my throat sore from all the yelling :-). Let's go! Are you a werewolf nights! Can't get enough. I'd love to get into more mega game events this year.

Posted by soderbear

I'm so looking forward to all of the things that aren't dependent on which companies show up.

The little road trip (just 4 hours from Chicago).

The anticipation in line for a badge Wednesday, getting drinks/food with friends while not worrying about work/the world.

Getting an OK coffee early Thursday, taking in the sounds, smells, seeing all the people.

Honestly, just walking around and absorbing the energy and excitement. Even without any particular exciting event on my calendar, I can just walk around and enjoy myself.

The limit on that this year is maybe the only interruption to my absolute enjoyment. Whenever I get a downtown hotel, I love to walk the ICC and surrounding hotels for a few hours late at night and just see what people are up to.

Assuming things get closed for cleaning, that is something I'll miss.

I remember seeing a group playing werewolf in the wee hours, at by the corner entrance on the NE side of the ICC, and I think they've been at it since at least 2010 (my first GenCon).

I dunno, I'm always happy to walk by and see them at it. I don't even know if it's the same people, but I smile every time I see them. 

Man, that smell of game ink, cardboard, and nerd energy. Nothing like it.

Posted by whisper721 soderbear

soderbear wrote:
I'm so looking forward to all of the things that aren't dependent on which companies show up.
The little road trip (just 4 hours from Chicago).
The anticipation in line for a badge Wednesday, getting drinks/food with friends while not worrying about work/the world.
Getting an OK coffee early Thursday, taking in the sounds, smells, seeing all the people.
Honestly, just walking around and absorbing the energy and excitement. Even without any particular exciting event on my calendar, I can just walk around and enjoy myself.
The limit on that this year is maybe the only interruption to my absolute enjoyment. Whenever I get a downtown hotel, I love to walk the ICC and surrounding hotels for a few hours late at night and just see what people are up to.
Assuming things get closed for cleaning, that is something I'll miss.
I remember seeing a group playing werewolf in the wee hours, at by the corner entrance on the NE side of the ICC, and I think they've been at it since at least 2010 (my first GenCon).
I dunno, I'm always happy to walk by and see them at it. I don't even know if it's the same people, but I smile every time I see them. 
Sums it all up for me!!! Perfect wording!!!

Posted by colin1012

So, I didn't think I would be able to make it this year. Pandemic changes at work etc... Then end of last week things shuffled around and there was a nice sport in the middle of september for me to use my vacation.

I bought a badge booked a hotel and a flight. Most of the events I would usually jump on have been sold out but I snagged a few and a fist full of generics just in case. However the honest truth is I make this trip every year for you guys. The random people I meet sitting outside. The talks in line for the food trucks those are my Gen Con memories. When someone sells me on a new game I have never heard of or just I get to do the same. I came to this Con for the first time years ago for the games and I keep coming back for the people.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.