What are you shopping for this year?
Posted by brumcg mjhan300

mjhan300 wrote:
=inheritSleeping Gods

Devil's advocate here.  IMO, Sleeping Gods is a game which has a big time investment.  We've played once and failed quickly.  It was pretty brutal.

There is an easy-mode.  I wish we would have tried that first just to get a feel for the game. 

Our board game person is cult-of-the-new.  I really don't understand why he buys campaign-style games anyway.

Posted by orthober

Already preordered Machi Koro 2 and Wild Space.  Reserved a copy of Galaxy Truckers and Lost Ruins of Arnak.  Definitely picking up Factory 42 and The Rocketeer, and possibly Merchants of the Dark Road and The Night Cage.

Also can't leave without a few new sets of dice.

Posted by trimpy

Always on the lookout for cool dice and accessories and to check out all the cool laser cut terrain.

Posted by fogel pens and creations

[This post has been removed]

Posted by fogel pens and creations fogel pens and creations

[This post has been removed]

Posted by jpederso

This year I hope to pick up supplies That I could use in creating games and I had hoped that I could get an autographed book of Larry Elmore art but I didn’t see him in the vendor hall listings. 

Posted by quarex

I have been putting together shopping lists for Gen-Con for almost 20 years (would be longer but in the 1990s I had no idea what I was getting into and did not plan ahead, haha), and this year is the hardest of all, since my lists for at least the last 10 years have been exclusively retro/older stuff I know I am only going to find at the Auction or Auction Consignment Store.  I do not even really know how to shop for stuff in the Exhibit Hall beyond just wandering around and seeing if I find anything awesome.

My mind keeps telling me to be on the lookout for anything that will help manage the too-much nerdy stuff I have already, but what could I possibly buy for that?  Maybe an outdoor game storage unit?  Hah.

Posted by donaldbain

Maybe some of the Wizkids big dragons if I can find them cheap enough.  Attack Wing Tiamat would be nice too. 

Posted by cinnibar

I had been hoping to buy a number of the Van Ryder graphic novel stuff.  I bought two of them in 2019 and enjoyed them more than I thought I would.  Sadly, they are not coming this year.

So I have the Preview list at BGG.  I'm keeping that up to date with ones I must get, want to try a demo before deciding, or just curious about...or really really not my cup of tea. :)    I'm still flipping between states on a couple of them, and will print it out sorted by aisle number to take with me.  Shopping ahoy!

Posted by jillt

I plan on shopping the exhibitor websites as I am attending online.  I have been to physical Gen Con twice (2010 and 2017) so in years I don’t go I download the program and shop that way.

Posted by kevinrg

Don't have a list.  There is nothing high on my list for must gets for games, so this year I'll probably be way more likely to spend my money at smaller vendors that specialize more in unique items (art, clothing, gaming accessories, etc) 

Posted by grognard262

Need to find some high-contrast "large print" dice for people of a certain age.

Posted by kellishaver grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
If you don't find any at the con, I use the black & white set of these on days my vision is being particularly uncooperative: 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5H5CGG

Posted by soulcatcher78 grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
I resemble that remark, lol

Posted by hahnarama

I find that it's just easier to get the Trifocals 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.