Refund for badge and event tickets.
Posted by ewamba

I have a friend who at the last minute is unable to go to Gen Con. She has a four day badge and many event tickets. She will be unable to get to Indianapolis but would like to know if there's anyway to get a refund for her badge and events. The only information she can find right now is that she has to go to the customer service desk on site, but she will not be able to  make it to Gen Con at all. Is there anyway she can get a refund without having to be there? 

Posted by san_fan_49

I think we are past the point of badge refunds.

Posted by ewamba san_fan_49

san_fan_49 wrote:
 yeah. I saw that. They're supposed to be a place where you can refund event tickets for credit on the website. But she hasn't able to find it. Any idea where that would be? 

Posted by stiehle ewamba

ewamba wrote:
san_fan_49 wrote:
 yeah. I saw that. They're supposed to be a place where you can refund event tickets for credit on the website. But she hasn't able to find it. Any idea where that would be? 

You can call regarding ticket credits below:
Contact Customer Service
TIP: Due to occasional high call volume, you may receive the fastest response via email.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1-800-529-3976 x 3806

Posted by braewe

No one there I'd expect. The offices are closed for them to come to Indy. The return tickets for credit on the website is only available until the cutoff--that's when tickets are printed. If you are nearby, she can give the tickets, not badge, just tickets, to you and you can turn them in, and she will get a refund to the original method of payment less the 5 percent fee.

If her tickets and badge are will call I am reasonably certain she is out of luck.

Posted by austicke

I've heard from a few people on Facebook in this same situation. The best I could advise them is to email Customer Service and hope they're lenient when they get to it after the con. They're probably out of luck though.

Posted by alans ewamba

ewamba wrote:
san_fan_49 wrote:
That expired around July 2...

Posted by sr20det11989rh

Anyone know if there is a way to transfer your badge to another person?  I have a friend in a similar situation but he found someone that wants to go that doesn't have a ticket.

Posted by k_dog64 sr20det11989rh

sr20det11989rh wrote:
Anyone know if there is a way to transfer your badge to another person?  I have a friend in a similar situation but he found someone that wants to go that doesn't have a ticket.
Badges are non-transferrable per the terms of service.

Event tickets can be used by anyone with a valid badge.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent sr20det11989rh

[This post has been removed]

Posted by antros san_fan_49

san_fan_49 wrote:
Not if you fell ill over this past weekend and are just now getting out of the hospital and find that you can't go. I'm only an hour away and I'm not sure if I can even pick up my badge let alone attend. Sometimes stuff happens that might actually call for a refund if someone truly can't attend for a good reason other than just not able to go.

Posted by shelflife

Hey, my badge was never delivered and is being returned to sender. Can i get it at will call?

Posted by caitcreates shelflife

shelflife wrote:
Hey, my badge was never delivered and is being returned to sender. Can i get it at will call?

Yes, that's usually the way it works.  If a badge was mailed and never delivered, it should have been returned to Gen Con and they should have it available at Will Call.

Posted by marimaccadmin caitcreates

caitcreates wrote:
shelflife wrote:

Yes, that's usually the way it works.  If a badge was mailed and never delivered, it should have been returned to Gen Con and they should have it available at Will Call.

Do tell them at Will Call that it would be with the returned badge packets.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent antros

antros wrote:
san_fan_49 wrote:
Not if you fell ill over this past weekend and are just now getting out of the hospital and find that you can't go. I'm only an hour away and I'm not sure if I can even pick up my badge let alone attend. Sometimes stuff happens that might actually call for a refund if someone truly can't attend for a good reason other than just not able to go.

I think they mean policy wise.  It doesn't matter if you have a good reason not to go.  You're unfortunately past the point of no return and will just have to eat the loss.

Posted by tehlperion

sooooo ... i see people saying they can't attend & looking to offload tickets.  I'm the kind of idiot they're looking for ... i booked a hotel but have just realized that somehow i overlooked buying badges.  i see in earlier posts that badges are nontransferrable, sold out, and not for sale onsite.  does anybody on here know any legit way to get a badge for thurs & friday at this point.  omw up from TN right now & disappointed beyond belief :'(

help!

Posted by roderick

I'm sorry, but there is no legit way to transfer a badge. 

Roderick Robertson
Gen Con Forum Moderator

Posted by tehlperion

So then i'm looking for any legit way to get access ... because otherwise i'm 7 hours from home and stuck for three days waiting on my bud - who bought badges, because ironically i warned him they were running out ... and then forgot to buy my own :-/ 

i'll bus tables, hand out flyers in a chainmail bikini, whatever it takes. Help!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.