Wishlist overlaps
Posted by grey413

I seem to recall that last year, you couldn't submit a wishlist with any overlapping events. Is that true for 2018?

Posted by k_dog64

I'm not sure that was ever a rule.  I've always submitted wishlists with overlapping events.  That way, if you don't get one of the events you want, you have fallbacks to potentially fill that slot.

When I bought TD tickets for a group, I would put in every run within a 2 hour window in hopes to get 1 run.  Once you get a ticket for an event, your wishlist won't give you another that will overlap.

Posted by rutherfordr

You can submit a wishlist with overlapping events, but you can't by tickets for overlapping events.

If you don't get a ticket for one event on your wishlist because the event is sold out, you can get a ticket for a different event on your wishlist at the same time.

Posted by austicke grey413

grey413 wrote:I seem to recall that last year, you couldn't submit a wishlist with any overlapping events.

Poor recall. :)

Posted by wolfofcormyr

Can I purchase a ticket for myself for a noon event and a ticket for my friend for a different noon event? Will both go through if the tickets are available?

Posted by marimaccadmin wolfofcormyr

wolfofcormyr wrote:
Can I purchase a ticket for myself for a noon event and a ticket for my friend for a different noon event? Will both go through if the tickets are available?

As long as you purchase them under separate badges, that's fine.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by wolfofcormyr

Thank you!

Posted by markmaruska

It looks like the "Parking Pass" event tickets take up 10 hours on Thursday.  Based on the logic outlined above, it sounds like I can't get any other actual gaming events during that time on Thursday.  Is that correct?  --or can I get event tickets for myself (single badge) for both my parking and another event at the same time --because, really, parking is not a real event.  !!  Please advise.
Example "Parking Pass":  https://www.gencon.com/events/139254

Posted by austicke markmaruska

markmaruska wrote:It looks like the "Parking Pass" event tickets take up 10 hours on Thursday.  Based on the logic outlined above, it sounds like I can't get any other actual gaming events during that time on Thursday.  Is that correct?

No. Gate Ten events don't cause conflicts with other events. Unlike with most events, they can overlap.

Posted by shaydeewil

I didn't think the system would allow you to buy tickets for events that conflicted with each other, but I guess I was wrong. I have tickets for two games on the same day and time. I didn't notice it until after I bought the tickets and starting writing out my schedule.

If I request a refund for one of the tickets, am I going to be charged the processing fee?

Posted by austicke shaydeewil

shaydeewil wrote:I didn't think the system would allow you to buy tickets for events that conflicted with each other, but I guess I was wrong. I have tickets for two games on the same day and time.

Some events, most notably tournaments, allow an overlap.
If I request a refund for one of the tickets, am I going to be charged the processing fee?

​​​​​No, not for system credit. There is a 5% fee for cash refunds.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.