I choose “will call”
Posted by nvespucci

hi i choose willcall formybadge but im wonderingif i could have it mailed to me, or should i just wait since its a month away

Posted by selene314

It is too late to make that change now that they have started printing. The deadline was June 17.

Posted by nvespucci

Thx

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

The will call line isn't so bad.  It's really LONG, but they really got it down to a science there and people move super quick.  Last year, I went to get my badge during lunch hour on Wednesday (I work a few blocks away from the convention center).  Even though there were probably over 100 people in line, I still got to the center, through the line, and back, within the hour. This year I didn't even consider getting it shipped and paying the fee.  A co-worker of mine did, and I was lightly needling him for doing so. 

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi all,

Ya'll are correct, it is too late to change your preference for will call or ship to me.  Everything purchased now will be will call.

However, it's also good to note that the line was never timed as more than 20 minutes for Will Call, once the line started, and that was only when it first started on Wednesday at noon.  At other times, there was barely a wait.  Will call wait was never an issue last year.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by skilletaudio

More often than not I spend less than a minute in will call line. During massive rushes its like 10-15 minutes.

Gencon has their will-call game down.

Posted by kiyote skilletaudio

skilletaudio wrote:
More often than not I spend less than a minute in will call line. During massive rushes its like 10-15 minutes.

You know, I'm a long time attendee (I remember the peg board and tags!) and I've seen the Will Call be a fair disaster for a long time.  They have most definitely fixed the problem....but it makes me wonder.  How did they fix it?  I mean, from my perspective, it looks the same as it always has.  It just moves way faster.  Anyone have any insight?

Posted by brooks kiyote

kiyote wrote:
skilletaudio wrote:

You know, I'm a long time attendee (I remember the peg board and tags!) and I've seen the Will Call be a fair disaster for a long time.  They have most definitely fixed the problem....but it makes me wonder.  How did they fix it?  I mean, from my perspective, it looks the same as it always has.  It just moves way faster.  Anyone have any insight?

No special insight into how Gen Con handles Will Call, but I'm guessing it's a simple combination of better volunteer training and improved systems behind the scenes. Between the two you can improve efficiency quite a bit. 

Posted by roundtop

changes that they made:

#1: Will-call is 24-hrs starting Wed until Sunday afternoon. (This spreads the load)
#2: Maximize number of booths/staff.  They made it so only a couple booths are "buy tickets", and the rest are will-call. As the number of will-call goes down, the buy tickets goes up.
#3: Computerization - They can look up the person on the spot and know where it is. Previously this required separate booths for alphabet letters, then digging through boxes looking for a name. This is a MASSIVE performance boost
#4: Print on demand - They can print tickets quickly right there rather than having to have them pre-printed.
#5: Line control - it seems petty, but keeping one line, keeping it under control, and making sure people have their IDs ready saves time.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.