Wish lists on differnt GEN CON accounts than badge purchaser
Posted by jpaulchell_15

I purchased five weekend badges for GC2019 under my logon account for me and my family.  All five badges show there.  All the attendees I bought badges for are also in my Friends list.

So, can each of those attendees create and then use their own GEN CON web site account and assemble and submit a Wish List for their game choices?  Or do I have to submit one big wish list of everyone's choices?  I hope the former because the later is a pain and will probably result in missing out on some of their top choices.

Please advise.  Thanks.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

As long as they each have an account, everyone can buy tickets for themselves, and for every other person in their friend list.  If you have events that you really want, the best bet is to put it in everyone's lists, then all submit at noon.. whomever gets in first gets the events for the rest.

Posted by mikeboozer jpaulchell_15

jpaulchell_15 wrote:
I purchased five weekend badges for GC2019 under my logon account for me and my family.  All five badges show there.  All the attendees I bought badges for are also in my Friends list.
So, can each of those attendees create and then use their own GEN CON web site account and assemble and submit a Wish List for their game choices?  Or do I have to submit one big wish list of everyone's choices?  I hope the former because the later is a pain and will probably result in missing out on some of their top choices.
Please advise.  Thanks.

If they are creating an account after you have bought a badge that badge will be on the account you created not the account they created. So they will not have access to their badge on the account created by them.

We need to merge the account you created (a passive or dummy account) with their account in order for them to see their badge, make a wish list, and purchase events.

If you bought a badge on an account you linked to via your friends and family page and that is their account with a login and password that they control then they will have access to the account and a badge on it to register for events.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.