Event was cancelled.
Posted by jemberamakoa

Hello!

One of the events I was wanting to attend at GenCon was canceled by the organizer of the event.  I had purchased a ticket for the event at the time of ordering my badge online.  Since it's a paper ticket, I know I have to wait until Customer Service opens up for GenCon to get my refund; however, will I still only be allowed a system credit refund for this ticket?  Or will I be able to get my money back since this was completely out of my control?

Thank you!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

There's nothing in the Refunds section (and this one) about waiving the 5% fee for cancelled events, which to me, does seem unfair.  If you don't need to schedule another event in that space, you're better off keeping the ticket and using it as a generic for another event, this way you'll get full value.

Posted by austicke jemberamakoa

jemberamakoa wrote:will I still only be allowed a system credit refund for this ticket?  Or will I be able to get my money back since this was completely out of my control?

You can get a refund back to your credit card (as is always the case except for generic tickets). And the 5% fee will be waived if the event is canceled.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Well, that’s good. I didn’t think they’d charge the fee for cancelled events, but neither document mentioned a waiver.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.