Event Program and Coupon Books
Posted by darkwraith66

Not impressed with Gen Con at all so far this year. Paying as much money as what they want for this convention and you can't even get the event program book or the coupon book, This is ridiculous. Go back to handing them out to people that paid for this con. 

Posted by maijstral2

I got a coupon book and a big carry bag as well. Took about minute in linr. As for program book, I didn't really look but usually they put a ton of them out by the events desk. Maybe they are waiting till Thursday, I downloaded the book on my phone and tablet so didn't really care that much.

Posted by hawkeye

Coupon books are a separate line. All the way to the right.

Posted by random_axcess

Nothing to be angry about, the "coupon" has been a waste of paper for years now and you will see the discarded over the weekend.

Posted by rayken random_axcess

random_axcess wrote:
Nothing to be angry about, the "coupon" has been a waste of paper for years now and you will see the discarded over the weekend.
I love the "2 dollars off" coupons. Those are the biggest waste of space ever.

Posted by braewe

I know why they are gone, but I miss the swag bag.

Posted by quarex

At least the coupon book has also become useless, to make the swag bag seem even more precious in hindsight.

I am quite willing to be convinced that I am just remembering coupon books from ten years ago with nostalgia goggles, but it seems like every coupon now is "save a minimal amount off one very specific system!" whereas I know in the past I would rip out 5-6 coupons at least just for the sheer potential savings of like "25% off one item at a booth that actually sells more than one product!"

So really what I am saying is the downfall of gaming stores-as-Exhibit-Hall-booths is probably directly tied to the downfall of the coupon book.  If the only people with booths are companies selling their own products, then if you are not into that product you do not care about the coupons at all.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.