Moving and worried about badge loss
Posted by flodiddy

Good Morning,

I want to purchase my badge in the next few days with priority shipping for my badge, however my concern is that over the next 7 months I will be moving at least 2 times. Thought about shipping my badge and tickets to a friends house that is also attending but not sure if that will cause issues on their end. Can I constantly update my shipping information on Gencon's website? Or am I doomed to the Will Call line this year?

Posted by mikeboozer flodiddy

flodiddy wrote:
Good Morning,
I want to purchase my badge in the next few days with priority shipping for my badge, however my concern is that over the next 7 months I will be moving at least 2 times. Thought about shipping my badge and tickets to a friends house that is also attending but not sure if that will cause issues on their end. Can I constantly update my shipping information on Gencon's website? Or am I doomed to the Will Call line this year?

You can change your address on your "My Profile" page up until June 14 When the deadline for Ship to Me ends and addresses are locked for shipping.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by funny-shaped dice

When are you planning to arrive in Indy? Will Call lines vary considerably based on time of day.

Posted by flodiddy funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
When are you planning to arrive in Indy? Will Call lines vary considerably based on time of day.
We usually arrive mid to late afternoon on Wednesday. The past few Years the line has been out the door. For the length of the line I do know that it moves pretty fast with roughly a hour wait from out the door to Will Call pick up.

Posted by funny-shaped dice

Honestly, probably easier to spend 1 hour in Will Call than risk missing your badge, etc. The lack of stress alone is probably worth it.

As you know, the line moves pretty fast at that time of day.

There are people who swear by one or the other but, honestly, you're going to spend that hour one way or another: leaving work early (possibly losing wages) to wait at home to sign for your badge...or standing in line at Gen Con, pretty much stress free in this situation.

YMMV...but seems like Will Call is a good fit for your circumstances this year.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

How far are you moving?  Will you be in the same general area?  If so, check with your local UPS Store.  Mine offers a service where they will sign for and hold a package for $5.

Posted by grellden

I strongly suggest thinking about using Will Call as others have suggested.

Posted by mikeboozer grellden

grellden wrote:
I strongly suggest thinking about using Will Call as others have suggested.

I strongly suggest that you listen to this guy!

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by fred25

[This post has been removed]

Posted by quarex

Thanks for your input Fred25, I am sure your post will not turn into Spam links in like four hours 

Posted by roderick quarex

quarex wrote:
Thanks for your input Fred25, I am sure your post will not turn into Spam links in like four hours 

Eyes are being kept on it. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.