2021? 2020 Badges for purchase now?
Posted by qstor

I saw 2020 badges are available now. If we get one NOW, will it convert to 2021 so we can enter the housing lottery early next year?

Thx

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Supposedly all badges will automatically rollover in July unless you ask for a refund/system credit/donate.  So, if you buy a badge now, you'll have one for 2021.

Posted by roderick

If you purchase a badge now, it will roll over to 2021, no effort required. If the badge price goes up for 2021, you will not be affected; your badge is "locked in" (unless you cancel it, and buy a new one); ditto worrying about the con selling out - you will have your badge already.  

Posted by quarex

I bet they would do a brisk business selling commemorative 2020 badges.  But I also bet they have already been or are still contemplating this...

Posted by cmegus

I would buy a commemorative badge for sure. I just got the 2020 Gen Con pin in the mail...

G

Posted by quarex

This sort of counts... Gen Con Online Badge

Posted by mikeboozer quarex

quarex wrote:

Not really as it is not a physical badge. 2020 commemorative badges will be for sale at the 2021 show.

Mike 

Posted by jeannette

Gen Con 2020 badges are no longer for sale (as for June 1). Badge sales for 2021 will open in the fall/winter of this year; we'll be letting you know the specific dates in our newsletters and on social later this year.

The current "Get a Badge" that appears on our website now is for Gen Con Online. There is no physical badge, it is free, and grants you access to purchase and participate in events being hosted during Gen Con Online.

Jeannette LeGault
Sr. Director of Events Programming
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mikeboozer mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
quarex wrote:

Not really as it is not a physical badge. 2020 commemorative badges will be for sale at the 2021 show.Mike 

Sorry, this is not a sure thing. I jumped the gun.

Mike

New Post Sign in to write a new post.