The VIG process started to go forward with submitting requests for new VIG badges. Does the postponement of badge registration mean that the selection of VIGs was postponed as well?
I was just going to ask this as well.
I would hate to say it, but I would assume so. Right now it looks fairly clear that they don't want to be accepting money for badges, just to be forced to refund that money should things not work out as it should, which would be bad for everyone, not to mention an additional cost that they would be forced to cover.
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC
I know there are a ton of people who pretend to be infectious disease experts and virologists that will disagree with me, but based on what I am reading I think Gen Con should happen this year.
I read an article that positive COVID cases are down 64% across the country and as more and more people are vaccinated that number should continue to go down. By August we should be back to normal life without fear of the virus being widespread.
I am more concerned with the logistics of Gen Con happening with a shortened planning time frame. It seems to me that it will be a logistical nightmare to pull everything together to make Gen Con the convention we are all used to.
I don't agree with more outdoor events only because the weather is always unpredictable in the summer months and if there is a summer thunderstorm there would either be a lot of cancelled events or they would have to be moved indoors anyway.
Just my thoughts so take them as you will. I don't claim to be a COVID expert. I just base my opinion of what is being reported on the number of COVID cases and the furthering of the vaccinations.