Daughter just tested for covid - have to eat $300 in tix?
Posted by [email protected]

Gen Con,
have a heart - email from kai stated it violated rules and conditions like Willy Wonka at the end of the original movie. 

we cancelled our plane ticket and downtown hotel with no fee, is gen con so heartless they need my $300 when my 13 year old daughter is crying her eyes out because she is missing gen con?

i get it - rules are important, but I suggest we play the “was going until she had covid” alternate rule set.
howard

Posted by quarex

I mean, that all sounds awful, but if you already went through the official channels and that was the response I think that is the end.  My buddy is sitting at home right now missing his second year as a VIG (in a row, at that) thanks to COVID-19.  It is the worst. 

Posted by eldrad12000

I hope they would refund you. But seen plenty of people that they said no to. So sadly it seems like you will have to eat the cost. 
hopefully I end up being wrong. 

Posted by riddikulus

It seems to me to be unwise to be effectively encouraging covid positive people to attend.

Posted by joho

Travel insurance is a bit more relevant while COVID is active- if you can get a plan that covers that sort of illness it can take the sting out of missing out on plans.

My group put ourselves into isolation for the past couple weeks to avoid catching COVID before Gencon.

Posted by quarex joho

joho wrote:
Travel insurance is a bit more relevant while COVID is active- if you can get a plan that covers that sort of illness it can take the sting out of missing out on plans.
My group put ourselves into isolation for the past couple weeks to avoid catching COVID before Gencon.
I am sure neither of us is saying this to make the original poster feel bad, but yeah, I broke the news to my 5-year-old that we were not going to any more indoor playgrounds or children's museums after about the first week of July, and just hyped up how we will go to ALL KINDS of them again starting August 8, hah.  He was very forgiving. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.