Kids 8 and under
Posted by marcusthurston

I'm confused at the FAQ.  I have 3 kids 8 and under.  I want them to build a foam weapon on Thursday.  Do they all have to buy a $45 day pass?  If not then how do I register them for the event?  Thank you.

Posted by lilyjade

"Obtaining a Child Wristband will allow you to purchase event tickets for them for KID events. If your child wishes to participate in a non-KID event that requires an event ticket, you will need to purchase a regular Gen Con Badge for them."

So yes... since building a foam weapon is not a KID event, they are required to purchase an event ticket which requires having a "real" badge.

Posted by marimaccadmin

For any events in category KID, you should be able to purchase tickets on a child wristband, which is free.  More than that and you'll have to have someone else purchase a ticket for you; tickets can be used by anyone.  Or, if one of the older kids wants to do a lot of non KID events, you CAN purchase a badge one of them, so they can do a lot of those events and get extra tickets for the younger ones.  To be clear, you can't do non KID ticketed events on a child wristband, sorry for any confusion.

Hope this helps!

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator

Posted by marcusthurston

They should have more events in the kids section.

Posted by marimaccadmin marcusthurston

marcusthurston wrote:
They should have more events in the kids section.

We will have more coming this week or the next week.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sagittaire

I'm getting in late Wednesday with my family. I have a child who I have requested a wristband for who will be asleep. Do I need to bring my childs ID to pickup the wristband when I grab my badge?

Posted by austicke sagittaire

sagittaire wrote:Do I need to bring my childs ID to pickup the wristband when I grab my badge?

Nope.

Posted by andrewj.rager austicke

austicke wrote:
sagittaire wrote:Do I need to bring my childs ID to pickup the wristband when I grab my badge?

Nope.
Austicke, As a follow up to this can you pick up other peoples tickets or badges if you have their ID? I'm not sure if my wife will want to wait in line or go late night to pick up her badge, but I am more than willing to wait for her & get it for her if I can.

Posted by austicke andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:Austicke, As a follow up to this can you pick up other peoples tickets or badges if you have their ID?

No, only children are an exception.

Posted by thatfedoraguy

I have two children ages 8 and 5 and I would like to take them to the library.  It's a ticketed event, but the system won't let me buy tickets.  I feel like the library shouldn't require a badge purchase... so I know what the FAQ says, but is the library considered not a kids event???

Posted by thatfedoraguy

I should add that we've used the library in the past using generic tickets, but this year I want to plan ahead since we've also been turned away when it was full... 

Posted by austicke

Right, the library is not a KID event.

Posted by aaronr thatfedoraguy

thatfedoraguy wrote:
I have two children ages 8 and 5 and I would like to take them to the library.  It's a ticketed event, but the system won't let me buy tickets.  I feel like the library shouldn't require a badge purchase... so I know what the FAQ says, but is the library considered not a kids event???

The only events that are considered kids events, in that they are purchasable with a child's wristband, are events that are in the KID event category.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.