Badge for They Might Be Giants question
Posted by markplozay

If my wife is only planning on going to GenCon on Saturday will that badge (plus an event ticket) be sufficient for her to go to the They Might Be Giants concert on Thursday?

Posted by quarex

I cannot imagine there are exceptions to needing a badge for the day your event is occurring, but I am also no Official Gen-Con Person so that is still just an informed guess (since by definition she would then be there on Thursday as well).

Posted by austicke

Yeah, you need a Gen Con badge for that day to attend Gen Con events that day.

A 4-Day badge is cheaper than two single days.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Anyone attending that concert must also have a badge valid for that day.  She'll need either a regular attendee badge or a Thursday only badge.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by braewe

So question, if you can't buy any more badges, and the show doesn't sell out, can non badge holders get in just before the show?

Posted by roderick

No, as Marian said, everyone needs a badge. 

Posted by austicke braewe

braewe wrote:So question, if you can't buy any more badges, and the show doesn't sell out, can non badge holders get in just before the show?

Thursday badges are still available.

Posted by austicke braewe

braewe wrote:So question, if you can't buy any more badges, and the show doesn't sell out, can non badge holders get in just before the show?

Thursday badges are still available.

Posted by quarex

Yeah, and I imagine Thursday is the day least likely to sell out.

Still Braewe, I expect these sorts of questions from newbies, but from you?!?! Hahah :)

Posted by braewe

Psshh. I already have my badge of course! No, my question was more of the 'what if' nature. Since the concert is NOT sold out, and badges will NOT be sold on site, there is a very real possibility that the concert would remain with tickets available, and I was curious as to whether that was preferable, or if at the last second, ordinary folks could get in.

Because of course, WE are totally extraordinary!

Posted by marimaccadmin braewe

braewe wrote:
Psshh. I already have my badge of course! No, my question was more of the 'what if' nature. Since the concert is NOT sold out, and badges will NOT be sold on site, there is a very real possibility that the concert would remain with tickets available, and I was curious as to whether that was preferable, or if at the last second, ordinary folks could get in.
Because of course, WE are totally extraordinary!

There will be no badge registration on site.  Should Thursday badges still be available at the time of the show, which is certainly possible, one could purchase such badge online, and pick it up at will call shortly thereafter, in an hour or two usually.  We've done this onsite online purchasing for will call pick up for several years now.

No one will be admitted to the TMBG show without a valid badge for Thursday, AND a valid ticket to the event.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by builder2

I need one badge but all that was.offered online is.fri...wanting to take my 7 yr.old.but.school starts fri

Are there any single.nadges available for.any other day?? Never been so just found.out about this

Posted by austicke builder2

builder2 wrote:I need one badge but all that was.offered online is.fri...wanting to take my 7 yr.old.but.school starts fri

Are there any single.nadges available for.any other day?? Never been so just found.out about this

Sorry, all other days are sold out.

Posted by braewe

So now that thursday badges are sold out, but the concert is not, the question becomes valid once more. Will the seats just be left empty?

Granted, those with badges may choose to add the event on still, but there are, out of 5500, still 1280 or so seats remaining. At this point, even if someone only wanted to attend, JUST for the concert, only the concert, but did not already have a badge, even though there are still a ton of seats available, they cannot go.

Also it is sad that there are a ton still available. TMBG are a great show. I just suppose most folks are like me-the event conflicted with something else you can only do at Gen Con, and I've already seen them in concert. If this had been a sunday night show I would have been all over that. Or wednesday.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent braewe

braewe wrote:Also it is sad that there are a ton still available. TMBG are a great show. I just suppose most folks are like me-the event conflicted with something else you can only do at Gen Con, and I've already seen them in concert. If this had been a sunday night show I would have been all over that. Or wednesday.

I wanted to go, but I have a superstitious fear of concerts.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.