Shipping question
Posted by lilyjade

Good morning,

When I ordered my badge/tickets, I selected to have it shipped as I have done the last two years. However, since that time, I have learned I will have to be out of town for the two weeks right as the packets are supposed to be sent out. This means I would be unable to be around to sign for it and/or to pick it up at the post office.

Now, I know I can change the address and my cousin has offered to allow me to have it sent to her. However, I am concerned since I am unable to change the recipients name as well. If she is not home and has to pick it up at the post office, I worry that since her name is not on the package that they will not allow her to have it. I know last year I had to show my ID when I had to pick it up as I was not home for delivery.

Is there a way to change that? I emailed my question and have not received an answer from that, but I am always running short on time to change things.

Thank you.

Posted by mikeboozer lilyjade

lilyjade wrote:
Good morning,
When I ordered my badge/tickets, I selected to have it shipped as I have done the last two years. However, since that time, I have learned I will have to be out of town for the two weeks right as the packets are supposed to be sent out. This means I would be unable to be around to sign for it and/or to pick it up at the post office.
Now, I know I can change the address and my cousin has offered to allow me to have it sent to her. However, I am concerned since I am unable to change the recipients name as well. If she is not home and has to pick it up at the post office, I worry that since her name is not on the package that they will not allow her to have it. I know last year I had to show my ID when I had to pick it up as I was not home for delivery.
Is there a way to change that? I emailed my question and have not received an answer from that, but I am always running short on time to change things.
Thank you.

You will not be able to change the recipients name as it is tied to your account and mailing.
If the package is not signed for then they will try and deliver it again, and then send it to the post office. I doubt that the post office will allow your cousin to pick up a package with your name on it. 
You can track your shipment when it ships on your "My Packets" page. 
I would either make sure your cousin is home, send it somewhere where it will be signed for, or revert back to Will Call to make sure that you get your packet.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC 

Posted by lilyjade

Thank you for much for the answer, even if it wasn't what I was hoping for haha. I will have to put it at Will Call and brave the line Wednesday afternoon. Luckily I can be there as soon as it opens.

Again, thank you for the fast help.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.