Room Upgrades?
Posted by grognard262

For some hotels, the housing portal seems to offer a subset of the types of rooms available.  For example, the Hyatt Regency website shows a 660 sq. ft. "Deluxe Suite", but the housing portal offers only basic king or double rooms.

Is there some way to upgrade your room?  I assume *someone* is staying in these rooms, but I can't seem to figure out how to book them.  The hotel site doesn't offer them on the Gen Con dates (I checked as soon at the dates were announced) and they don't appear in the hotel block either.

Posted by austicke grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:For some hotels, the housing portal seems to offer a subset of the types of rooms available.  For example, the Hyatt Regency website shows a 660 sq. ft. "Deluxe Suite", but the housing portal offers only basic king or double rooms.

True.
Is there some way to upgrade your room?  I assume *someone* is staying in these rooms, but I can't seem to figure out how to book them.  The hotel site doesn't offer them on the Gen Con dates (I checked as soon at the dates were announced) and they don't appear in the hotel block either.

The short answer is: highly doubtful. They're probably already booked at this point. People typically start trying to book every non-housing block room at least a year in advance.

And just because they're not in the attendee housing block, doesn't mean they're not reserved by Gen Con for themselves or other housing blocks (like the exhibitor one).

Posted by mikeboozer

there is an automatic wait list function that will be activated by Tuesday. If you can't find the nights they need,you can go back on Tuesday and wait list the missing nights

Posted by fethbone grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
For some hotels, the housing portal seems to offer a subset of the types of rooms available.  For example, the Hyatt Regency website shows a 660 sq. ft. "Deluxe Suite", but the housing portal offers only basic king or double rooms.

I would just call and ask after making a standard reservation. The worst the can say is No.

I have been upgraded at the Crowne Plaza before after booking a standard room; granted, it was outside the Gencon housing block, but the point being they did have upgraded rooms available.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.