Chnaging rooms after booking
Posted by donaldbain

First time using the portal.  I booked a room and now I want to look around for a different one, how do I do that?

I see the change hotel button on my confirmation page, if I hit that will it cancel the current one?  Thanks.

Posted by narzat

From the website:  

"To modify or cancel your room assignment, log into your Gen Con account, visit your My Housing page, and click the “Manage Room” link for the assigned room you'd like to change. The link will connect you with the online system where you can make the desired adjustments. Changes will not go into effect unless you click the “submit” button to confirm the change; closing your browser before submitting the change will leave the original assignment intact."

Posted by aaronmlopez

I am not sure about this year. Last time I booked, the confirmation page looked different. I have my room booked this year, but when I go to "Manage Room", I don't have an option to look for another room like I did the previous years.

Posted by austicke donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:I see the change hotel button on my confirmation page, if I hit that will it cancel the current one?

Nope.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by mikeboozer aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
I am not sure about this year. Last time I booked, the confirmation page looked different. I have my room booked this year, but when I go to "Manage Room", I don't have an option to look for another room like I did the previous years.

Need to "Manage Existing Room" link in red!

Posted by aaronmlopez mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
aaronmlopez wrote:
Need to "Manage Existing Room" link in red!

After that, you need to select "Edit Room", I presume? (I don't need to change anything, but others may not know what your screen looks like after you click on "Manage Existing Room" link.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.