Food trucks in September?
Posted by mbeauparland

It's obviously a bit early to expect a truck schedule for the days of Gen Con, but does anyone know if they usually operate into September and if they'll even be operating at  an age of Covid convention...?

Posted by kevinrg mbeauparland

mbeauparland wrote:
It's obviously a bit early to expect a truck schedule for the days of Gen Con, but does anyone know if they usually operate into September and if they'll even be operating at  an age of Covid convention...?

They were still operating even in 2020, they just adjusted.   Not sure why they wouldn't be operating at Gencon this year.

As for operating into September... not sure why most wouldn't operate 365 (or close to it) unless you were like an ice cream truck.

Posted by dweltelk

Food trucks run year round in Indy and have been out on the streets throughout the pandemic. We have food trucks at work every week and they come all year, barring bad snow.

Posted by aaronmlopez dweltelk

dweltelk wrote:
...barring bad snow.

As opposed to good snow? Lol! Where I live, a picture of snow in another country will throw everyone into a state of panic.

Posted by donaldbain

I looked up the weather for Sept 16-19 2020 and it was ranged from 70-80 degrees (F).  I don't think there will be a temperature problem.

Posted by soderbear

I hope island noodles comes into town this year.

Posted by kd8esu donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
I looked up the weather for Sept 16-19 2020 and it was ranged from 70-80 degrees (F).  I don't think there will be a temperature problem.
It's the midwest; getting an accurate weather prediction a month out, let alone 90 days out, is impossible.
We could be in false fall, an Indian summer, or anything really.

With that said, unless conditions are so bad that people won't be outside, food trucks should be out.

Posted by donaldbain kd8esu

kd8esu wrote:
donaldbain wrote:
It's the midwest; getting an accurate weather prediction a month out, let alone 90 days out, is impossible.
We could be in false fall, an Indian summer, or anything really.With that said, unless conditions are so bad that people won't be outside, food trucks should be out.
2020.  What the temperature was LAST year.

Posted by njseahawksfan

September is still summer for a majority of the month guys.  The weather in September in Indiana probably the nicest all year ... not as hot as August and July, with fewer rainy days.  

Posted by keithbradburn

The only issue I see with the Food trucks will be on Sunday.  Since there is a Colts game that day, Georgia Street is usually closed off for events for the game.   

Posted by mavrick593

I cast raise dead on this thread! 

Any new info on food trucks? I haven't been able to find any useful info elsewhere for this year. 

Posted by rpr000

Has there been a food truck schedule released? All I keep seeing is that the times may cut off at 5PM which seams really early for dinners.

Posted by narzat

It's in the latest email blast that came out today.  

Food Trucks on Georgia Street and Capitol Street
Breakfast (Thu-Sun): 8 am – 10 am

Lunch (Thu-Sun): 11 am – 4 pm

Dinner (Wed-Sat): 5 pm – 10 pm

Posted by jeanparcksjean

Given the uncertainty surrounding the current global situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, it's understandable to worry about logistical issues such as truck schedules for events like Gen Con. At this point, it may be premature to expect detailed timetables, especially given the evolution of the pandemic and its impact on conferences and related operations. I started writing during the vancouver citation style on https://essaypro.com/blog/vancouver-citation-style . We encourage you to monitor official communications from Gen Con organizers and relevant transportation authorities for updates on truck operations and safety protocols, especially in light of health and safety considerations at large gatherings during the time of COVID-19.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.