One night deposit
Posted by brewski

I have a room reserved and my wife as a VIG companion has a reservation. The hotel only removed one night stay for one room. Do they also take out for the other room? 

Posted by austicke brewski

brewski wrote:I have a room reserved and my wife as a VIG companion has a reservation. The hotel only removed one night stay for one room. Do they also take out for the other room? 

Yes. Are both rooms with the same hotel?

Posted by brewski

Yes they are both with rhe same hotel. I also called the hotel and they said they show us having both rooms. Guess I will be call Q rooms in the morning.

Posted by brewski

So full story. I was over charged for one room by $12  after figuring the hotel fees and other taxes and wasn't charged for the 2nd room at all yet.
Called hotel yesterday, they show us having both rooms and Q rooms was in charge of the one night deposit.
Called Q rooms today and they see that we have both rooms and that we was over charged but the hotel is in-charge of charging us for our rooms. 
Confused?... yeah I am as well.  
So if I have both rooms with only one slightly inflated deposit that's cool with me. Just as long as it all comes out even for the both of us in the end. 

Posted by cinnibar

Some hotels vary their rates per day, but report the average cost or the total cost for a stay for renters' review.  That first night may be a higher rate than some of the other days, it should come out as expected at the end with the reputable hotels.

If you check the hotel reservation, if you can, it may provide the per-day rate you can reference.

Posted by brewski

Finally straightened out. Hotel went to charge both room on same day and I guess bank denied one. After calling Q rooms, hotel and bank I finally got it to go through. And the charges was corrected. Not sure what was going on but all good now.

Posted by breamfaded

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.