Wish list complaints and wins!
Posted by polski2020

Oops.  The clock was not my friend today.  30 minutes late to hit my wishlist - one was already sold out  :(

Passtimes is still unable to post any events for MTG.  Sooo frustrating considering we schedule tickets for other events so that we can plan our day accordingly.  GRRRR
I think I'm down to 5,777 waiting to process.  Hopefully nobody likes the games I'm playing - lol

Posted by marimaccadmin

Ok so, if you were close to being processed, and resubmitted your wishlist, not just refreshed, and you think you went from 50 in the queue to 5K in the queue, what you just did was resubmit your wishlist for processing, not just refresh your page.  Your wishlist already processed once and now is processing for the second time.

Your events should stay in your cart for two hours from the point of your last activity on the site.  I don't think it will take two hours for you to go around the queue again.  Just stay active on the site, refresh the page, don't resubmit your wishlist, and when it processes, go ahead and check out so you know you have those tickets paid for, and then sure, you can resubmit that wishlist as much as you want.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by tinabear81 haackthesystem

haackthesystem wrote:
Well, I tried to process my cart because I got to top of the line, and now I'm back in the queue at number 5500 something, so uh...guess I'm not getting those events after all. No idea what happened, but definitely not happy about it, wonder what would cause that
They only have so much server and processing power, so they split one side into processing wish lists...and the other which handles purchases. It's like buying food from the ice cream food truck during gencon during the busiest, hottest part of the day. There's the line to place your order, then the line to pick it up, because there's only so much manpower, except in this instance, the servers can only process so fast.

Posted by goddesstio

I clicked the moment it was available and got 5000 - now really worried I won't get anything :/

Posted by lore seeker goddesstio

goddesstio wrote:
I clicked the moment it was available and got 5000 - now really worried I won't get anything :/

Did the same thing and ended up at around 5500.

Posted by random_axcess

I am processed and missed out on all the level 1-5 D&D Experience Tracks and all of the Heroquest slots (like everyone! I selected them all for filler).. which really surprised me!

I did get both of the Intro to Gunpla/Models slots! They posted which models will be given out and it is more than worth the money, so there is a bright spot.

Edit: I just clicked the resubmit for the full wishlist instead of editing out what isn't available (as it will not show up anyway). Tomorrow I put the spiders to work to alert me on returned tickets.

Posted by dm_gmc

Just for reference on timing, if folks are curious: I was 4000'ish at 12pm EST on the dot, and I am now at 118 in line.

edit: And got most of my wishlist! Mostly indie games, panels, that sort of thing.

Posted by jwibbenmeyer marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Ok so, if you were close to being processed, and resubmitted your wishlist, not just refreshed, and you think you went from 50 in the queue to 5K in the queue, what you just did was resubmit your wishlist for processing, not just refresh your page.  Your wishlist already processed once and now is processing for the second time.
Your events should stay in your cart for two hours from the point of your last activity on the site.  I don't think it will take two hours for you to go around the queue again.  Just stay active on the site, refresh the page, don't resubmit your wishlist, and when it processes, go ahead and check out so you know you have those tickets paid for, and then sure, you can resubmit that wishlist as much as you want.
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

I have only refreshed, i did not resubmit my wishlist. While in the 20s, i refreshed and i was told i could go to pay for my tickets. At this point, there was nothing to say i was in the list any longer. There was nothing mentioning a spot in line or a number. When i got to the payment page, i was told i cannot checkout while my wishlist was processing and i now had a line number above 5000.

The line has went down to 3430, but it is still a kick to the gut to do this correctly and have to wait 6700 total spots to go before me when i was 1700 to start.

Posted by wells

I was 2900 at 12EST, my list got processed at 12:37.

Posted by calli thaala jwibbenmeyer

jwibbenmeyer wrote:
marimaccadmin wrote:
Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
I have only refreshed, i did not resubmit my wishlist. While in the 20s, i refreshed and i was told i could go to pay for my tickets. At this point, there was nothing to say i was in the list any longer. There was nothing mentioning a spot in line or a number. When i got to the payment page, i was told i cannot checkout while my wishlist was processing and i now had a line number above 5000.The line has went down to 3430, but it is still a kick to the gut to do this correctly and have to wait 6700 total spots to go before me when i was 1700 to start.

This was my experience as well. Had a friend get the error so I went straight to the cart and got that I couldn’t while it’s processing. 

Posted by marimaccadmin

To be clear ya'll, if the tickets are in your cart, you should be fine; they'll stay in there for at least two hours; that's if you are inactive on the site; if you're active on the site, they will stay in there indefinitely until you become inactive.

So even if your wishlist is processing, those tickets will remain in your cart; you will have to wait until the wishlist finishes processing to check out, but those tickets are in your cart and cannot be taken by someone else.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by qwaserity

I started to do my victory dance when I got 1206. My brother-in-law (FIRST TIME ATTENDEE) asks, "I got 937, is that a good place in the queue?"

Posted by scarab_beetle

Well, 65 minutes waiting to get nothing.  But I will come back later once the dust settles and see what I can pick up.  And there will be more in the days/weeks to come that will drop in, so it will only require some vigilance.

Posted by goddesstio

Well surprisingly I got most of the important things, so yay! resubmitting to try and fill some gaps

Posted by kevinrg

Bad news, I got sidetracked in life and forgot to submit til very late.

Good news, I still got 3 of my top 4 events.   

Posted by goddesstio

If you return a ticket, how long does it show as a schedule conflict?

Posted by del_grande

The one thing that surpised me: an NSDM seminar sold out quickly - the one on the James Webb Telescope.

Posted by bigfathairyguy

Our list went through almost immediately. My receipt was received at 12:03. My list was thinner than normal as there are still quite a few things not in the event catalog that are usually there. So hoping they get added and can put them on my schedule.

Posted by jelake scarab_beetle

scarab_beetle wrote:
I'm not going to complain -- I have done this dance too many times and now I just smile and shake my head when my initial place in line pops up with 5634.
And Marimacc has the best idea...resubmit again after the first try as tickets fly back and forth and also check in later.  You never know what might pop back up.
Best of luck to all!
I can attest to monitoring your wish list/event catalog.  I got my #1 priority event 4 hours after registration started.

Posted by eldrad12000

What I would like for future years is for events that are on your wish list to don't conflict with others. Only when trying to add them to the cart should they conflict if they are overlapping. That way if I put in for an event for me and my friends but only get say 2 tickets, but would have been able to get tickets for another event during the same time for the whole group, both events would go in, and I would have to choose which one to keep.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.